Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Tactical Railway loose

I had bought an adapter which fits over the existing knob on the C-More sight while at the Area 5 Steel Challenge.  It is designed to make it easier than fiddling with that small knob from the factory.  Anyway, I sat down last night to put it on and I noticed my C-More was very loose on the mount.  The mount which is attached to my JP was very secure it was the two large screw that go down through the sight and into the mount that had worked loose.  I probably shot the last few stages with a loose sight.  I decided to use some blue Loctite and secure the screws back into the mount.  Anyone else ever have this happen?  I had to use Vibra Tite VC3 on the two knobs that secure the battery cover prior to my first match as they had worked loose during practice.  Seems as though for the $ I expected a little better mouse trap.  I love the sights performance it's just these trivial matters that make me have OCD. 

Edited by robert3405
2 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Every screw on every gun of mine has either blue or red loctite on it

This.

I generally use red only where I can safely apply a flame to remove it without burning or melting something.

Edited by longbeard
8 minutes ago, robert3405 said:

VC3 is really good stuff!  As I stated above I have the model with the thumb screws in the battery cover and I used VC3 to secure those.  I'm confident the blue Loctite will keep the two mounting screws secure.  

Err, sorry I missed that part of the original post. My ADM C-More mount came with VC-3 and instructions to use it on the actual mounting screws.

You can get a paint marker and strike a line across your mounting screw heads and the sight body.  If the screws move, the marks will not line up and that will give you an easy visual queue that they have loosened up.

On 8/14/2018 at 11:54 AM, JAFO said:

You can get a paint marker and strike a line across your mounting screw heads and the sight body.  If the screws move, the marks will not line up and that will give you an easy visual queue that they have loosened up.

We do this at work(building engines) and it really helps to see if something is getting loose before it actually fails. 

I had the same issue with my daughter's C-more.  She had the polymer model.  I've not had the issue yet.  I have a Aluminum C-more on one gun and a polymer C-more on another.  Blue Loctite solved the problem