Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Time For Teams ?

BritinUSA

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To repeat, what we really need is a proof of concept match. Want a team only match? Someone needs to hold it. Want teams added to an existing individual match? Show us there is demand by adding it.

Speaking only for myself, I have not seen the desire for this ................................yet. Seems to me it would be fun. I can see how there would be interested members. But if this is going to go, the MDs need to see more than just chatter on this thread about it.

I'm planning on talking about it with the club presidents next month, when we decide if we want me around for another year. I also don't see a downside to dropping it into the 2010 Area 6 and 2010 GA State Championship; it just looks like a little bit extra paperwork and an extra trophy/plaque per division. (Or one award if scored combined; I'm still tripping over 6.2.1.)

Good points, Charles.

Glock offers Teams at their GSSF matches. I don't think they get much action.

Hell, we got a group around called Team Swiss Cakes Rolls that has all kinds of fun at matches, and there's not even a team award! We had one once before called "Team Shirley", and their shirts said "In search of faster guns, younger women, and older whiskey!"

I shot the Canadian IPSC Nationals in 2008 they did Provincial teams in each division; it seemed to work out well. I have no idea how the teams were selected, but I hope there was a competitive selection. I shot with the Ontario team and they were all invested in winning the team title. We could do it by state, or area, but I think all this handy cap/only one gm on a team is BS if we are calling what we do a sport there has to be winners and losers. Your state/area only has one second rate limited GM (speaking as a second rate open GM myself) tuff, I guess your playing for third or fourth.

... when we decide if we want me around for another year. I also don't see a downside to dropping it into the 2010 Area 6 and 2010 GA State Championship; it just looks like a little bit extra paperwork and an extra trophy/plaque per division. (Or one award if scored combined; I'm still tripping over 6.2.1.)

Speaking for myself, I do want you around another year. And if my score master in chief who is going to have to do the calculations and the paperwork desires to add this to the A6 match, who am I to trip him up? :closedeyes:

Having Bill Noyes on your area production team is but one of several benefits we have in Area 6.

• 3 weeks later...