Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 2 - Desert Classic - 2005

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question:

Would it be advantageous to bring my 3 gun cart (read hot rodded baby stroller) in order to move stuf from stage to stage or is the range set up where carrying a bag is not to much of a problem?

Thanks, Craig

Under no circumstances shall anyone do the "No Rain" chant. It did not work at Woodstock and it will not work here.

This is what noaa.gov says:

"Thursday night: Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows 52 to 62. South wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Veterans day: Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Much cooler. Highs 70 to 75. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Friday night: Partly cloudy in the evening then clearing. Cooler. Lows 46 to 56. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph in the evening..becoming light after midnight..

Saturday: Mostly sunny. Warmer. Highs 75 to 80.

Saturday night through Sunday night: Clear. Lows in the mid 40s to mid 50s. Highs in the upper 70s to lower 80s."

It they are worried about the weather that is blowing through SoCal right now, there was not all that much rain at the coast.

Bob: Did you get in?

Report from the Rio Salado

I am enjoying the match ALOT! Official put so much into the stages and each one is unique and fun to shoot... albeit VERY difficult. I heard many GM's had mikes. Oi!

I am really happy to have so many guys came up to me and said " you are Rikarin". Sorry I can't remember your names/faces AT ALL. Geez, remembering the stage is such a job here. I overheard someone in the super squad was saying "we need GPS to figure out the stage". Really difficult.

Anyhow...... I got wake up 4am. I just wanted to say thank you for friendship and people who made/running stages.

Six days... We opened the match on August 1st (post-mark date) - no mail received on that day, but on the 7th we were full. The match is running smoothly... Stage 2 is running a little behind, but the rest is good. No rain... lots of thinking stages. Hope everyone is enjoying the match. Preliminary results are posted on the USPSA Main web pages. Time for a beer ;-)

A2Chic :ph34r:

Hey-- I noticed that Matt McLearn shot the match in Open, and did pretty well (4th overall) for a guy who hasn't been competing in the majors for a while. Does this mean he's going to be returning to the competition circuit? It would be fun to see another former world champ in the mix this coming year...