Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken rear TSO sight. Again!!!

Superpipe9

Was at the range today and was not getting my normal hits on particular drills and when I got home and cleaned the gun I realized the dang  rear sight was broke again. This is the 2nd time this has happened and it has broke at the middle of the adjustment rod both times. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have had two different adjustable sights on my .40 TSO break/malfunction.  If the notch on the fixed TS sight wasn't so wide (last one I ordered as ~5mm or so, wide) I'd move to one of those in a heartbeat.  I shoot major, 168-175 PF.

The sight on the left come on my pistol from the factory.  The back portion of the sight broke where the screw in the center is.

The slotted nut on the kensight walked off in the middle of a sectional match.  Without it, the entire rear portion of the sight moves around (left/right) also, the pin at the front had a tendency to 'walk out' and had to be pushed in after every stage.  I staked it with a chisel, so now it looks like ass, but seems to stay put. When this sight finally breaks, I'm getting a fixed one, either narrow notch CZ unit or one of the aftermarket ones available.

adjustable-rear-sights-front-sight-cz-ts.jpg.07690d068868f1c2a65eecf7a1280746.jpgKensight-hmr-ezd97-008.thumb.jpg.4e39f248c7ec9b8010c1ad9860ca77c4.jpg

Edited by muncie21

2 hours ago, ChrisTSO said:

He would be referring to a cz 75 tactical sport orange. And OP: how many rounds do you have through your weapon? 

18-20k. 40cal at 172pf.  This is the 2nd time it’s broke. Between this and the slide stops breaking I’m wishing I would’ve just gotten a 2011

Edited by Superpipe9

1 hour ago, muncie21 said:

I have had two different adjustable sights on my .40 TSO break/malfunction.  If the notch on the fixed TS sight wasn't so wide (last one I ordered as ~5mm or so, wide) I'd move to one of those in a heartbeat.  I shoot major, 168-175 PF.

The sight on the left come on my pistol from the factory.  The back portion of the sight broke where the screw in the center is.

The slotted nut on the kensight walked off in the middle of a sectional match.  Without it, the entire rear portion of the sight moves around (left/right) also, the pin at the front had a tendency to 'walk out' and had to be pushed in after every stage.  I staked it with a chisel, so now it looks like ass, but seems to stay put. When this sight finally breaks, I'm getting a fixed one, either narrow notch CZ unit or one of the aftermarket ones available.

adjustable-rear-sights-front-sight-cz-ts.jpg.07690d068868f1c2a65eecf7a1280746.jpgKensight-hmr-ezd97-008.thumb.jpg.4e39f248c7ec9b8010c1ad9860ca77c4.jpg

i thought  that u fixed and customized it.?

IMG_0089.thumb.JPG.2cd8c67780281e256dca0412a0c8b44a.JPG

It must be me, but I don't get the attraction of an adjustable sight on a competition gun that does not require precision shooting.  I replaced the front sight of my TS with a Dawson FO, filed down the fixed rear sight ears until I got the POI I wanted, then deepened the notch back to normal.  The I rounded the ears and radiused the front and back of them.  Not I have a perfect sight that can't break and makes a perfect slide racker.

7 hours ago, yigal said:

i thought  that u fixed and customized it.?

IMG_0089.thumb.JPG.2cd8c67780281e256dca0412a0c8b44a.JPG

? it lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. 

It finally came apart again while practicing at the end of last season, at that point I installed a factory TS fixed sight.

12 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

18-20k. 40cal at 172pf.  This is the 2nd time it’s broke. Between this and the slide stops breaking I’m wishing I would’ve just gotten a 2011

What kind of sight do you think comes on most 2011?

40 minutes ago, 858 said:

And 1911's, etc. 

It would be interesting to compare sight brands and etc..

I've broken 1 front and one rear grand total over too many years of shooting and almost all of it with adjustable rear sights. 

1 hour ago, 858 said:

I know most are adjustable as well but I don’t here about them breaking that often. Seems the Cz just has a week point. 

1 hour ago, Superpipe9 said:

I know most are adjustable as well but I don’t here about them breaking that often. Seems the Cz just has a week point. 

I avoided Bomar's forever because they were raging pieces of junk. Bomar/Kensight break all the time.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1SAVI_enUS600US600&biw=1920&bih=943&ei=2DFdW473Obq90PEP_fCZiA0&q=2011+broken+kensight+site%3Aforums.1911forum.com&oq=2011+broken+kensight+site%3Aforums.1911forum.com&gs_l=psy-ab.3...17959.19463.0.20695.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.TOpYkrminjU