Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IRC or USPSA Nationals....maybe

Makicjf

I'm thinking of attending on of these events this year.  If this comes to pass it will be my first major event.  I don't know which one to cogitate upon.  I have no active ICORE clubs within even unrealistic driving distance and shoot USPSA almost exclusively.  My concern is that with the USPSA format there will be very few revolver shooters.   I am unclassified in ICORE, and can't find a place online to renew the membership I had a few years ago.  The club I was going to shoot with went silent.  

My questions:

Do ya'll think the USPSA nationals will have a represented revolver division?

If not, how do I renew my ICORE membership, so I can shoot at the IRC?

Does ICORE recognize USPSA classifications or would I be shooting unclassified? 

The only reason I might consider the USPSA match over the IRC is I am TRUDGING towards a personal goal of  USPSA GM ( teetering just south of 91% today) and if by some crazy happenstance I did well the standings  may help me towards my goal.  Conversely, shooting a revolver only match, unclassified, just for the experience and being exposed to other revolver shooters posseses the potential to be exceedingly educational.

What should I do?

Jason

14 minutes ago, Makicjf said:

I'm thinking of attending on of these events this year.  If this comes to pass it will be my first major event.  I don't know which one to cogitate upon.  I have no active ICORE clubs within even unrealistic driving distance and shoot USPSA almost exclusively.  My concern is that with the USPSA format there will be very few revolver shooters.   I am unclassified in ICORE, and can't find a place online to renew the membership I had a few years ago.  The club I was going to shoot with went silent.  

My questions:

Do ya'll think the USPSA nationals will have a represented revolver division?

If not, how do I renew my ICORE membership, so I can shoot at the IRC?

Does ICORE recognize USPSA classifications or would I be shooting unclassified? 

The only reason I might consider the USPSA match over the IRC is I am TRUDGING towards a personal goal of  USPSA GM ( teetering just south of 91% today) and if by some crazy happenstance I did well the standings  may help me towards my goal.  Conversely, shooting a revolver only match, unclassified, just for the experience and being exposed to other revolver shooters posseses the potential to be exceedingly educational.

What should I do?

Jason

I believe USPSA Nationals will have 40ish shooters. There is a wait list. 

There is no wait list for the IRC. 

Statistically speaking, and that's usually how I look at things, most people don't shoot their classification at uspsa nationals in the upper end of the game. And especially revolver, where most classifier HHFs are pretty low and it's not extremely difficult to be classed high. 

Both are good experiences and either is a good choice for a first big match. ICORE registration is on the website. 

Do cost or spouse get factored into your trip?

ICORE it is (if it comes to pass!)

We obviously live with very different skill sets!;)  I've struggled and struggled to climb, and if the big boys are sand bagging,  I'm worse than it feels: I'll  just shoot for fun!  The biggest impediment to a concrete decision is actually a decision my son is making.  He is not certain if he is going to attend The Citadel or enlist in the Navy.  If he goes to CMI, I'll not be going anywhere except to work.  If he enlists, I'll be attending the IRC.  He needs to decide quick, as he was supposed to report to the Citadel in less than month.  So the cost of either match is not a consideration if I decide (or more accurately dependent upon my sons decision) to go.  Any difference would be nominal.

Thanks for the input!

Jason

Edited by Makicjf

Come to ICORE Rocky Mountain Championships.  In 10 days or so.

Near Ft Collins CO.  15 Hour drive.  Great Match one day to shoot (Sat).

You'll get a clear picture as to how much fun it is.  PM me for more details and options. 

Edited by GMM50

Come to ICORE Rocky Mountain Championships.  In 10 days or so.
Near Ft Collins CO.  15 Hour drive.  Great Match one day to shoot (Sat).
You'll get a clear picture as to how much fun it is.  PM me for more details and options. 

Yes! I’ll be there - it’s a blast.

20 hours ago, ffl said:

Mel Chan is the Membership director (I think)

look at web site to find out.

Ron Williamson is the membership person for Icore. Go to the ICORE main web page and hit the drop down menu for membership download it , fill it out and mail it in they no longer have online sign up, maybe in the future. You can have a USPSA RO help you set up ICORE classifiers and shoot them and send them in also to Ron Williamson, they have waived the fees for this year.