Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with Limited belt setup

HowardM

I have decided to shoot limited in USPSA picked up a DVC just want advice on all the other stuff belt holster mag pouches what to buy quality what is everyone thaughs for the ideal Limited belt setup and why 

34 minutes ago, Beef15 said:

They announced them last night or yesterday actually.

Yup. Just went to the website and saw it. Edited previous post for correct info. Thanks.

Edited by George16

I got the spam from DAA yesterday too announcing the Alpha X. They look a lot like the Guga Ribas I replaced my Race Masters with. Not heavy but quit a bit more bulk. But worth it for the more flexibility in adjustments.

Edited by Mcfoto

The DAA Alpha X is a wonderful holster. Order the thigh pad with it for the best holster you can buy. I'm ordering the new mag pouches as soon as I can figure why I need them.

DAA Premium Belt, can't go wrong with Blade Tec holsters, BOSS hanger, and CR Speed Mag pouches. Thinking of trying out a couple of Speed Master pouches for limited. Seems like with standard magazines the CR mag holders worked fine for production, but in limited with extended base pads they are leaning to far into the side of the love handle area and slowing down the reload process. I have to twist my body some to get a clean grab or else my thumb sweeps my shirt and hangs up sometimes. Anyone else have this issues with the CR's?

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, Irbybrian said:

Just ordered some and going to try them out. I like the idea of putting plastic around the entire inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you provide feedback on how it is better than the race masters?

Can you provide feedback on how it is better than the race masters?

I personally like them because they math my alpha x holster. You can adjust depth of magazine sitting in the holster. It also comes with more adjustability of pouch placement. (Ie: if you want the pouch to sit higher or lower on your belt.) I personally feel like it locks into adjustment better on the ball joint then the race masters. Also the entire inside has plastic inserts. Which I believe they said for a more consistent draw. Which it may be in my head but it did feel better coming out. So far I like them. Haven’t got to shoot a match with them yet. I did have a ball joint that was defective. Called customer service and they had me a new one shipped same day. Don’t try to over tighten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a DAA premium belt, 3 Alpha X pouches, and an Alpha X holster.  the adjustment and draw on the Alpha X pouches are superior to the racemaster, in my opinion.  The plastic sleeve on the inside really, really cuts down on drag.  The alpha X holster is also superior to the racemaster.  The adjustments are all much more solid and you can perform a lot of them while wearing the holster.  The racemaster virtually requires a thigh pad, which I found annoying.  In my opinion, it's well worth the incremental cost to upgrade to Alpha X gear.