Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spinner?

7 hours ago, 9x45 said:

For USPSA, they are scored as 2 plates, which just happen to be attached to each other. 

I shot a USPSA pistol match where they required you to actually spin it. They limited shots to 10 total. Stage was all steel, no paper, which I believe is not USPSA legal. They also had a stage with a required engagement order, which is also not within USPSA rules (had to shoot all the paper on one side of the course of fire before engaging the final two target. Failure to do so was a penalty). Some clubs play fast and loose with stage design.

1 hour ago, Eureka1911 said:

I shot a USPSA pistol match where they required you to actually spin it. They limited shots to 10 total. Stage was all steel, no paper, which I believe is not USPSA legal. They also had a stage with a required engagement order, which is also not within USPSA rules (had to shoot all the paper on one side of the course of fire before engaging the final two target. Failure to do so was a penalty). Some clubs play fast and loose with stage design.

Level one matches have some leeway in requiring engagement from different positions. The spinner is not a legal USPSA target unless you can get it to either "fall" or "overturn" with one shot. If you translate "overturn" as a 360 degree rotation, you have to be able to do it with one hit or it is range equipment failure and you get a reshoot. All steel is OK as long as at least one of the targets is a popper.  The rules do not allow limiting rounds for steel targets. Other than that, everything was fine. :roflol:

25 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Level one matches have some leeway in requiring engagement from different positions. The spinner is not a legal USPSA target unless you can get it to either "fall" or "overturn" with one shot. If you translate "overturn" as a 360 degree rotation, you have to be able to do it with one hit or it is range equipment failure and you get a reshoot. All steel is OK as long as at least one of the targets is a popper.  The rules do not allow limiting rounds for steel targets. Other than that, everything was fine. :roflol:

There WERE guns involved... and I assume they used a timer!!

17 hours ago, ChuckS said:

The spinner was required to do a 360 by using multiple alternating shots top and bottom.

Thanks for the clarification on all steel. I was misinformed in that I was told at least one target need to be a scored paper target. Perhaps I misunderstood the RO I asked about this and heard "paper" when he said "popper".

1 hour ago, 9x45 said:

I thought I saw a thread here earlier where Troy commented on the spinner to the effect of 2 plates attached to each other.

Steel must fall to score, how are you going to make a spinner fall?