Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much of a jump is the Gen 5 34 from the Gen 3 34???

polymerfeelsweirdman

27 minutes ago, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

As stated in the title, how big a jump is the Gen 5 from a Gen 3? I suppose just being honest with myself, looking for an excuse to grab something new but trying to be reasonable at the same time 

If you have small hands then the gen5 may fit/feel a little better, but other than that I would say almost zero difference.  if you're a lefty it may be better.  Greater selection of aftermarket parts for gen3.  

2 hours ago, CharlieD said:

If you have small hands then the gen5 may fit/feel a little better, but other than that I would say almost zero difference.  if you're a lefty it may be better.  Greater selection of aftermarket parts for gen3.  

I've got big hands but prefer the Gen 4/5 grip texture

If there was a non mos version I think I'd be more inclined price wise but I've sort of wanted to try carry optics

21 hours ago, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

As stated in the title, how big a jump is the Gen 5 from a Gen 3? I suppose just being honest with myself, looking for an excuse to grab something new but trying to be reasonable at the same time 

Smaller groups.

Holster compatibility has been a bigger deal than I thought it would be.  I have several Safariland ALS holsters, with and without lights, that all seem to fit, but custom kydex holsters won't.

Honestly I like everything about it better than the gen 3, except the new slide catch lever. 

On 6/8/2018 at 3:16 PM, 66L said:

Holster compatibility has been a bigger deal than I thought it would be.  I have several Safariland ALS holsters, with and without lights, that all seem to fit, but custom kydex holsters won't.

Honestly I like everything about it better than the gen 3, except the new slide catch lever. 

I actually completely neglected the holster issue