Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo Limited Custom (new model) Fantastic

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Trinimon said:

Added some paintfill to "bling" and personalize my Ltd Custom. I ended up removing the paintfill from the Tanfoglio because the enrgaving was too shallow to get an even finish.

41338888065_4657539f1b_b.jpg

And now just shoot it!! Do not forget to change your sights, as of the factory they are completely down as you also see on the pic.

3 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

And now just shoot it!! Do not forget to change your sights, as of the factory they are completely down as you also see on the pic.

lol, thanks. Itching to let her stretch her legs.I'll bore sight it before my range trip. :P

2 hours ago, billthemarine2862 said:

Too bad we can't get those black variants here in the states.  @MemphisMechanic you should do a Cerakote Video to go with your epic Tanfo Tutorials.  Than we can all have sexy black LTD customs!

Those are all over the internet! You just sandblast and airbrush a tanfo instead of whatever they’re shooting it onto.

A $30 harbor freight spot-blasting gun and a cheap airbrush and you’re ready to go - all you really need is a halfway decent air compressor. Cerakote is very easy, and handguns fit into any kitchen oven.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

35 minutes ago, Fasthenk65 said:

and need sleep but first a little bit of polishing... 2lbs+ has to go down a bit ?

Nice!

I picked up a reduced power sear and trigger spring. I might toy with that this weekend. :) 

actually doing it right now... installing all the Patriot Defense springs... firing pin spring, sear spring, 15,5 hammer spring... (have the 14 but doubt...) ) maybe the trigger return spring but wondering about this one also, on my stock 2 it made feel reset too soft...

anyway, did some polishing, tomorrow (in-between work) the springs and some more polishing... then I get back to you!

regards

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Trinimon said:

Has anyone switched over their front sights to Dawsons or Hennings?

Yes. Have hennings on the Match and Dawson's on stock 2's and lim pro.

On 6/2/2018 at 3:59 PM, Trinimon said:

Has anyone switched over their front sights to Dawsons or Hennings?

Have Hennings on both my LC Xtremes and it is by far the best front sight I've ever had on any pistol.  I'm using the .040 green light pipe and it works for me, YMMV.

Now if I could only find a fiber optic front sight for my Springfield RO  Classic gun I would be a happy camper.  Scarce as hens teeth in these parts.

33 minutes ago, Glenzo said:

Have Hennings on both my LC Xtremes and it is by far the best front sight I've ever had on any pistol.  I'm using the .040 green light pipe and it works for me, YMMV.

Now if I could only find a fiber optic front sight for my Springfield RO  Classic gun I would be a happy camper.  Scarce as hens teeth in these parts.

Thanks. Hmmm, I may look into a Dawson or Henning. Do you recall what height and width you got?

i recently installed a Dawson fiber front on my Springfield RO. I was thinking of giving Classic a try this season.