Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo Limited Custom (new model) Fantastic

For parts.....  the full set of Patriot Defense optimized springs and 14 or 15.5 hammer spring and full polish will CHEAPLY wake up the gun.

Reports are the single action unica hammer is superior to the Titan.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, johnbu said:

For parts.....  the full set of Patriot Defense optimized springs and 14 or 15.5 hammer spring and full polish will CHEAPLY wake up the gun.

Reports are the single action unica hammer is superior to the Titan.

Thanks Johnbu, so the Unica better then the Xtreme Delta? Have to order it. Will go for the PD springs! regards!

1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Thanks Johnbu, so the Unica better then the Xtreme Delta? Have to order it. Will go for the PD springs! regards!

Just be sure to get the SAO version of the unica hammer for the limited.

The "trade off" is better SA hooks, but no possible way to add the Bolo disconnector.

And this was an update i saw, not personally verified.  unica is still a unicorn!

14 hours ago, Trinimon said:

What recoil spring weight are you guys using for your 40SW major PF? Are you using buffers as well?

I am using the 12 point something lbs one (middle spring which came with the gun) this with heavy bullets 220gn and fast powder... Works super.

1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

I am using the 12 point something lbs one (middle spring which came with the gun) this with heavy bullets 220gn and fast powder... Works super.

Awesome. Thanks. I was just concerned about beating up my frame shooting 180gr major PF.

1 minute ago, Trinimon said:

Awesome. Thanks. I was just concerned about beating up my frame shooting 180gr major PF.

?

We might go to slower VV340 powder with these bullets... Pressure is too high. Current GECO brass is weak, if reloaded (once) most of them explode and you need real effort to get the brass out of the barrel... Messes up your match ?

On 5/12/2018 at 3:05 PM, Trinimon said:

That Unica two tone trigger is pretty wild looking.

Here's my Ltd Custom when I first got her...

28165755588_047b1f8770_b.jpg

And here she is nekkid an hour later.... :)

41994511052_6b3f7d3103_b.jpg

Didn't the gun come with the new "T"  stamped basepads????? IN Europe they do... Or are the mags on the right existing mags with standard basepads??

Just now, Fasthenk65 said:

Didn't the gun come with the new "T"  stamped basepads????? IN Europe they do... Or are the mags on the right existing mags with standard basepads??

Forget, I see now the mag in the case... they come with them. regards,

On 5/13/2018 at 7:42 AM, Trinimon said:

What recoil spring weight are you guys using for your 40SW major PF? Are you using buffers as well?

2 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Forget, I see now the mag in the case... they come with them. regards,

lol, yeah, they came with the extended T bases. I think earlier ones came with the smaller silver bases.

Got some parts yesterday. I ordered an Xtreme sear and an Xtreme Pro semi-flat trigger. The sear had a dimple left over from the casting. I knocked that dimple down and also the edges of the sear edges so that they are sharp with some stoning. The trigger breaks nice like an icicle, just like my S2. I was going to go with a silver on black look, hence the silver ambi safety but the pro trigger only comes in black. I'll add a slide lock lever in silver as backup. :P

41398808164_8814e741a8_b.jpg

All slicked up and ready to rock with an extended mag release. I'm just waiting for my papers so I can take it to the range. Ughhh!!!!

42072899582_afb9443975_b.jpg

13 hours ago, Trinimon said:

m just waiting for my papers so I can take it to the range. Ughhh!!!!

Where are you that you require "papers" to take it to the range?

(Hope they come soon!)

38 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Where are you that you require "papers" to take it to the range?

(Hope they come soon!)

Thanks. I'm in Canada. Nothing like a piece of paper to separate me from a criminal. Yesh... 

7 hours ago, Trinimon said:

Thanks. I'm in Canada. Nothing like a piece of paper to separate me from a criminal. Yesh... 

?

In NL (Europe) you buy a gun (if you have a license), you cannot take the gun but get an option paper... then you need one form from shooting range that you can use this gun in an Olympic discipline... (pfff) then you make appointment with police (takes 2 weeks) then they make a new form + put the gun number on your license... you have to wait 2 more weeks then you can get yr new permit (with number gun on it) and the form so that you actually can buy the gun....

You buy it, then you have 2 weeks to show the gun to the police.... (if all is ok on the papers / permit)...

IF you need the gun on yr European pass (for shooting in Europe) you can make a new appointment for this, and then wait another minimum of 2 weeks (they are busy) to have it written by on yr European permit....... Bureaucracy, Europe is good in it...

Just now, Fasthenk65 said:

?

In NL (Europe) you buy a gun (if you have a license), you cannot take the gun but get an option paper... then you need one form from shooting range that you can use this gun in an Olympic discipline... (pfff) then you make appointment with police (takes 2 weeks) then they make a new form + put the gun number on your license... you have to wait 2 more weeks then you can get yr new permit (with number gun on it) and the form so that you actually can buy the gun....

You buy it, then you have 2 weeks to show the gun to the police.... (if all is ok on the papers / permit)...

IF you need the gun on yr European pass (for shooting in Europe) you can make a new appointment for this, and then wait another minimum of 2 weeks (they are busy) to have it written by on yr European permit....... Bureaucracy, Europe is good in it...

And a criminal can buy any gun at the street in 0ne day...

18 hours ago, Trinimon said:

^^^ good grief. And I thought Canada was bad in burying youin paperwork and cooling off waiting times. NL got us beat.

? at least something were good at since soccer sucks ?

On 5/15/2018 at 8:29 PM, Trinimon said:

lol, yeah, they came with the extended T bases. I think earlier ones came with the smaller silver bases.

Got some parts yesterday. I ordered an Xtreme sear and an Xtreme Pro semi-flat trigger. The sear had a dimple left over from the casting. I knocked that dimple down and also the edges of the sear edges so that they are sharp with some stoning. The trigger breaks nice like an icicle, just like my S2. I was going to go with a silver on black look, hence the silver ambi safety but the pro trigger only comes in black. I'll add a slide lock lever in silver as backup. :P

41398808164_8814e741a8_b.jpg

All slicked up and ready to rock with an extended mag release. I'm just waiting for my papers so I can take it to the range. Ughhh!!!!

42072899582_afb9443975_b.jpg

What is that extended mag release you are using there?  Where did you get it?

Also, is there an easy way to downsize my pics so they meet the max file size? Mine are like 2.5mb.

Edited by Glenzo
clarification

2 hours ago, Glenzo said:

What is that extended mag release you are using there?  Where did you get it?

Also, is there an easy way to downsize my pics so they meet the max file size? Mine are like 2.5mb.

I ordered it from a local shop that orders it from Eric Grauffel's shop. I believe it's made by Unica. I think Patriot Defense carries it as well.

My pics are hosted on Flickr.

2 hours ago, missed it by that much said:

Are these large frame or small frame?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mine is a large frame. From what I've been told, most of the North American imports are large frame.