Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo Limited Custom (new model) Fantastic

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

congrats you won't regret

Thanks. What caliber did you get yours in? I got the 40SW and got some Xtreme parts inbound as well. Gonna have to build up a load for major PF. I'm trying to find confirmation that a 9mm barrel will work in this slide for dual caliber pistol.

I'm running 4.5gr of TiteGroup with a 180gr plated TC (Campro) at 1.130.  That is giving me 170-2 PF through an Xtreme Limited Custom.

The 180gr round points feed a little better and you can go longer than 1.130.  That load with TG is a little dirty so I'm looking for something cleaner.

10 hours ago, Trinimon said:

Thanks. What caliber did you get yours in? I got the 40SW and got some Xtreme parts inbound as well. Gonna have to build up a load for major PF. I'm trying to find confirmation that a 9mm barrel will work in this slide for dual caliber pistol.

Its a .40. Gun has the essential Xtreme parts (front sight, guide rod, delta hammer, trigger, medium hammer spring and light firing pin spring, the FPB is removed and I use the 2.0 Xtreme firing pin. It pops all primers and trigger pull is 2 lbs. Really like it. I shoot heavy bullets (220gn) with a fast powder (Lovex D032) achieving 173PF with 3,8gn powder at 1.132 OAL

4 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Its a .40. Gun has the essential Xtreme parts (front sight, guide rod, delta hammer, trigger, medium hammer spring and light firing pin spring, the FPB is removed and I use the 2.0 Xtreme firing pin. It pops all primers and trigger pull is 2 lbs. Really like it. I shoot heavy bullets (220gn) with a fast powder (Lovex D032) achieving 173PF with 3,8gn powder at 1.132 OAL

I bet that shoots like a 22lr !

Only thing, i would really like you to replace and correctly fit the FPB. Removing it does nothing positive for the trigger.

13 hours ago, Glenzo said:

I'm running 4.5gr of TiteGroup with a 180gr plated TC (Campro) at 1.130.  That is giving me 170-2 PF through an Xtreme Limited Custom.

The 180gr round points feed a little better and you can go longer than 1.130.  That load with TG is a little dirty so I'm looking for something cleaner.

Thanks! That gives ne a starting point for my load dev. :)

16 hours ago, texasdawg said:

I ran a .40 slide with a 9mm barrel for about 6K rounds. I put a 9mm extractor in it though. Never had a problem with feeding rounds into it.

Awesome! Just what I wanted to hear! I guess I will be ordering a 9mm barrel now. :)

1 hour ago, johnbu said:

I bet that shoots like a 22lr !

Only thing, i would really like you to replace and correctly fit the FPB. Removing it does nothing positive for the trigger.

Johnbu,

I always extremely appreciate your opinion. Is this because of safety reasons? Or?

I want to pop all primers so installed the firing pin Xtreme 2.0 which does not work with the FPB...based on recommendation Grauffel...

Like to learn!! Thanks in advance!!

Just now, Fasthenk65 said:

Ok, i'll put it back and check if i can pop S@B's with original FP...

Memphis, different topic: I really learned from your Stock 3 video's. Considering to buy the new Stock 3 Xtreme to shoot a production match now an then, grip feels similar to my lim. custom... There is also an offer on an Xtreme stock 2 here in The Netherlands... Were you happy with the Stock 3???

Very much so! Can’t say I preferred the stock 2 when I tried it. They balance and recoil slightly differently, but I was used to the 3. A 2 just felt funny to me.

Inside the USA where you can rip all the factory parts out and run superior aftermarket ones, there’s no reason to buy an Xtreme model of gun.

If you shoot IPSC rather than USPSA, there is *every* reason to buy a Stock III Xtreme!

Edited by MemphisMechanic

9 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Johnbu,

I always extremely appreciate your opinion. Is this because of safety reasons? Or?

I want to pop all primers so installed the firing pin Xtreme 2.0 which does not work with the FPB...based on recommendation Grauffel...

Like to learn!! Thanks in advance!!

Grauffel would know if it works w that FP.  but... removing safeties.... just not a great idea (in my opinion).

The new PD firing pin is extended AND allows full FPB function.

With a normal decent polish and the parts i listed, you should pop S&B primers even with the factory FP.  and a 14 or 15.5 hammer spring.

Postman dropped off my Limited Custom yesterday. Woohoo. She is a beauty, no doubt about that!

Out of the box and for the amount of money paid, operating it was a bit disappointing. The trigger was gritty as heck and even working the slide was gritty like the pistol had sand in it. My Shadow 2 was much better out of the box.

After 5hrs of polishing, deburring and stoning of parts, it's night and day difference compared to how it was originally. My Shadow 2 trigger still breaks a bit crisper than my Ltd Custom. I went from an almost 5lb trigger down to just over 3lb.

I didn't stone the hammer because I was thinking of getting the Xtreme Titan. I installed an Xtreme firing pin, light firing pin and hammer springs. I'll run some CCI primers through her to confirm reliability before getting the Titan hammer.  I ordered an Xtreme sear and semi-flat pro trigger today and should get that next week.

I am super stoked to shoot her this season! 

I'll post pics when I get home. :)

Edited by Trinimon

16 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@Trinimon this is normal. Tanfo triggers are absolute garbage out of the box.

lol, yeah, found that out now. ?

The ones I tried out all had nice triggers. The owners never mentioned that they had work done to them. It made for a nice project pistol but the price tag is adding up with all these Xtreme parts. 

Are all the ambi safeties kinda wonky as in they looked ever so slightly warped and they rub against the frame? I had to hit mine on the belt sander to knock off a few thou of an inch so it would float. Gotta luv mim parts.

41 minutes ago, Trinimon said:

It made for a nice project pistol but the price tag is adding up with all these Xtreme parts. 

You’ll realize after building the first one that you don’t have to spend all that money if you know what was and wasn’t worth the money, and what you can do other ways. I did, with my Stock 3.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

You’ll realize after building the first one that you don’t have to spend all that money if you know what was and wasn’t worth the money, and what you can do other ways. I did, with my Stock 3.

I'm realizing that now. Good thing I decided to skip some of the Xtreme parts for now like the trigger bar etc. I looked at some videos and the guts is just like my Shadow 2. I had the Xtreme sear on backorder so I figured I'd keep it.

I can't believe how much machine chatter are on the parts! Does the Xtreme parts have as much chatter compared to the nitrided ones?