Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo Limited Custom (new model) Fantastic

24 minutes ago, Trinimon said:

Thanks. Hmmm, I may look into a Dawson or Henning. Do you recall what height and width you got?

i recently installed a Dawson fiber front on my Springfield RO. I was thinking of giving Classic a try this season.

I ordered it from Speed Shooters International.  It says .095 W x .180 H  with .040  fiber optic.  I think that is the smallest you can get.  $69.95 U.S.

Where may I ask did you get the Dawson front sight for your RO? Do you know what the width of the fiber optic is?  I cant seem to source one out around here.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Glenzo said:

I ordered it from Speed Shooters International.  It says .095 W x .180 H  with .040  fiber optic.  I think that is the smallest you can get.  $69.95 U.S.

Where may I ask did you get the Dawson front sight for your RO? Do you know what the width of the fiber optic is?  I cant seem to source one out around here.

Are you shooting 40SW out of your Tanfoglio? I measured my factory sight and it was .146" high and was thinking of getting a .160 H to lower the rear sight and figured .180 would be too much?

I got my Dawson RO front sight from Freedom Ventures. I think it's .040 fiber but I'll verify later.

6 hours ago, Trinimon said:

Are you shooting 40SW out of your Tanfoglio? I measured my factory sight and it was .146" high and was thinking of getting a .160 H to lower the rear sight and figured .180 would be too much?

I got my Dawson RO front sight from Freedom Ventures. I think it's .040 fiber but I'll verify later.

Yes both mine are .40sw.  I measured it and it is .180 to the very top of the sight when its installed on the slide. It is ~.150 to the top edge of the fiber optic rod.  The rear sits maybe a tad high and you have to push it down to fit in the IPSC box but otherwise it works very well for me.

I will try and post a pic if I can figure out how to get the file size down.  I'll contact FV as he seems to be a Canadian dealer for Dawson.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Fasthenk65 said:

I never ever used a thumb rest, talk me into them ?

lol, you and me both. I figrued if I was going to start shooting Standard Div, I might as well start looking into every possible advantage. I've got an IPSC Alex rest on order and might check out the Toni Systems AD3X as well and then sell whichever one I end up not liking. :P

1 minute ago, Trinimon said:

lol, you and me both. I figrued if I was going to start shooting Standard Div, I might as well start looking into every possible advantage. I've got an IPSC Alex rest on order and might check out the Toni Systems AD3X as well and then sell whichever one I end up not liking. :P

Some of my mates just started using them, I will check about results and come back to you.

I'm running a thumb rest on both my Limited Xtreme guns.  I started out with the Tanfo rest and it worked OK to start but  found I was getting my thumb rubbing on the slide.. This was slowing it down and giving me bad feeds.

Next went to the Arrendondo(sp) and it was OK but it just wasnt in the right position for my grip. Next tried the RHT which I bought from Grauffel and it just seemed too high and was uncomfortable.

Finally settled on the Double Alpha thumb rest which has some adjustability and was in the right position for me. Also has a piece that blocks my thumb from riding the slide. Be careful though because none of these fit in the box and need some alteration on the Limited Xtreme with the ambi safeties. Almost got nailed at the last Lvl 3 but luckily someone had a file and we ground it down.

Its been a huge help, gives a firm stable grip and I would suggest trying one out. Should work unless you have huge hands, getting the right positioning was the key for me. If you dont like it, 2 screws and its gone.

I'm running a thumb rest on both my Limited Xtreme guns.  I started out with the Tanfo rest and it worked OK to start but  found I was getting my thumb rubbing on the slide.. This was slowing it down and giving me bad feeds.
Next went to the Arrendondo(sp) and it was OK but it just wasnt in the right position for my grip. Next tried the RHT which I bought from Grauffel and it just seemed too high and was uncomfortable.

Finally settled on the Double Alpha thumb rest which has some adjustability and was in the right position for me. Also has a piece that blocks my thumb from riding the slide. Be careful though because none of these fit in the box and need some alteration on the Limited Xtreme with the ambi safeties. Almost got nailed at the last Lvl 3 but luckily someone had a file and we ground it down.

Its been a huge help, gives a firm stable grip and I would suggest trying one out. Should work unless you have huge hands, getting the right positioning was the key for me. If you dont like it, 2 screws and its gone.

They make a Standard Div version of the DAA thumbrest that comes pre-filed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Matt1 said:

They make a Standard Div version of the DAA thumbrest that comes pre-filed

Yes I know, thats the one I ordered but it still didnt fit in the box. Had to file between 1 and 2mm off the paddle part and I took a little off the backside too. It still just barely makes it.

Yes I know, thats the one I ordered but it still didnt fit in the box. Had to file between 1 and 2mm off the paddle part and I took a little off the backside too. It still just barely makes it.

Ahh, do you have ambi safeties?

Yes, both guns have ambi safeties.

It’s the RHS safety that’s causing the issue. Only two solutions: trim the safety or trim the *thumb rest [generic]*.

I had a similar issue with my TS. For a while I ran a RHS with no ledge at all but that caused issues on WHO stages so I went back to a stock one and trimmed the LHS.

Try the new one from tanfoglio it fits perfectly , a friend of mine got one and it's an absolute on the gun,  the grip on the gun is more aggressive with the thumb rest which leads to perfect recoil control

image.png.ec3bbbb0cab144684bd308b92d43e13c.png

2 hours ago, fellas said:

Try the new one from tanfoglio it fits perfectly , a friend of mine got one and it's an absolute on the gun,  the grip on the gun is more aggressive with the thumb rest which leads to perfect recoil control

image.png.ec3bbbb0cab144684bd308b92d43e13c.png

Nice! Is this the Unica Thumb Safety?

Grauffel has had that rest on his site for a while and now I've seen it installed it looks good. Nice and low, no need for a ledge to block riding the slide.  Going to order one but looks like it might need a little alteration to fit in the box with ambi safeties.

1 minute ago, Glenzo said:

Grauffel has had that rest on his site for a while and now I've seen it installed it looks good. Nice and low, no need for a ledge to block riding the slide.  Going to order one but looks like it might need a little alteration to fit in the box with ambi safeties.

Yeah, this is my concern as well. Kinda makes me want a pistol box to check my guns in.