Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate *thumb rest [generic]* and slide racker question

AngeloConde

23 hours ago, George16 said:

There’s a set screw on the end of it.

Edit - I have that slide racker on my TSO.  So I’m 100% sure it has a set score on the end to keep it in place. The little dimple-looking thingy on the end is the screw.

I see it now. It also looks to be cut at an angle (is that 60 degrees?); the EGW is cut at a right angle, which is not ideal (just another rough angle to beat up the hands). Does the right side of the racker, fit flush to the rear sight notch?

Edited by shootmove

6 minutes ago, shootmove said:

I see it now. It also looks to be cut at an angle (is that 60 degrees?); the EGW is cut at a right angle, which is not ideal (just another rough angle to beat up the hands). I'd be curious to see exactly how it sits on the gun.

Yes it’s cut at 60 degrees. The shooters connection racker I linked is on both my CM and TSO.

399-E329-A-1-A11-456-D-A2-DD-C59-BEDEB2-

056-ADB52-6-D0-E-4-A66-A2-E4-511-C7740-D

Edited by George16

Beautiful pictures. Thanks. That angle cut makes Shooters connection a much better choice. It also looks like the shooter's connection also matches the width of the rear sight notch better. I have about 1/3" hanging off the end of my notch with the EGW.

Although the orange looks to have a much wider rear sight notch than the CM?

Edited by shootmove

Received and installed the SC slide racker on my CM. I honed the bottom a little to remove some burrs around the set screw hole, but other than that, it slid right onto the slide and locked down tightly with the 60 degree set screw.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 2:08 PM, clw42 said:

Received and installed the SC slide racker on my CM. I honed the bottom a little to remove some burrs around the set screw hole, but other than that, it slid right onto the slide and locked down tightly with the 60 degree set screw.

Also running the Shooter's Connection, and can confirm that it's better than both the factory racker and the EGW Sidewinder (all of which I've tried).

Does anyone have tips for if the set screw gets loose (as the EGW did)? I was thinking a tiny amount of blue loctite just to tighten up the contact.

Edited by shootmove
correct

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/8/2019 at 7:18 PM, Fo0 said:

I will be interested in buying someones OEM CZ Czechmate slide racker if you took one off and are no longer using it or replaced it with another brand

Think I'm gonna have to end up getting rid of the one from my Czechmate Parrot. It's the purple anodized, not sure if that matters to you. 

I'm having the same issues mentioned above, where it should be on the left side for right-handed shooters, but that interferes with me flipping the safety on my draw. Placing it on the right side, however, causes me to bump it with my hand as I bring it up. I was really hoping to keep the purple, but it's almost entirely unusable for my draw style 😢

Go figure everywhere that sells these aftermarket slide rackers is out of stock too.

Edited by tacomandood

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...