Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate *thumb rest [generic]* and slide racker question

AngeloConde

Check out DAA’s adjustable thumb rest. A friend of mine is using it for his TSO and czechmate and he didn’t need to modify anything. You have two choice of hole number and location. You can either get a one or 3 hole (cmore /tanfoglio) adjustable thumb rest in either the slim or fat version. 

DAA adjustable thumbrest.

Edited by George16
Spelling

1 hour ago, George16 said:

Check out DAA’s adjustable thumb rest. A friend of mine is using it for his TSO and czechmate and he didn’t need to modify anything. You have two choice of hole number and location. You can either get a one or 3 hole (cmore /tanfoglio) adjustable thumb rest in either the slim or fat version. 

DAA adjustable

awesome I'll have to check that out any idea on a slide racker?

6 minutes ago, AngeloConde said:

awesome I'll have to check that out any idea on a slide racker?

This is what I’m using. It’s a cheap slide racker from shooters connection. I polish it using my Dremel and polishing compound. It’s mounted on my TSO but can be used on the CM since the cut is the same. Double checked with my friend’s CM for fitment and fits really good.

Slide racker

084_F919_C-_B38_B-436_E-9_C4_C-_C9_DD5_D

1 hour ago, George16 said:

This is what I’m using. It’s a cheap slide racker from shooters connection. I polish it using my Dremel and polishing compound. It’s mounted on my TSO but can be used on the CM since the cut is the same. Double checked with my friend’s CM for fitment and fits really good.

Slide racker

You are freaking awesome going to order it today 

2 hours ago, George16 said:

Slide racker

Sorry to veer off topic a bit, but what holster is that?  Red hill tactical?

I just ordered one for my TSO that has the stock thumb rest and I wanted to hear your opinion.  I’ve read they are unsafe due to the trigger being accessible while holstered.(?)

It’s  a red hill tactical. The trigger is not accessible while holstered if it was made properly. Mine is made properly and it’s not accessible through the side.

heres a close up picture of the side of the holster whowi g the thumb rest.

3487768_B-1_CD1-4_EB6-9_F88-574_D282257_

another pic

D35_B9_EA9-_A99_D-4_D32-_A949-4_AC451_BE

Edited by George16

I have the CZ thumb rest which is the best as it does not utilize the mounts screws or holes. The slide racket I moved to the left side and angled it upwards so that it won’t interfere when gripping the pistol. 

98638272-8E02-4182-8B3D-EBAFC22B0400.jpeg

4 hours ago, abb1 said:

I have the CZ thumb rest which is the best as it does not utilize the mounts screws or holes. The slide racket I moved to the left side and angled it upwards so that it won’t interfere when gripping the pistol. 

98638272-8E02-4182-8B3D-EBAFC22B0400.jpeg

Which CZ thumb rest is that? Who sells it?

I like the racker on the left, but in the factory racker location it gets in the way of my thumb going to the safety so on my TS Open I moved the dovetail forward, there's a sweet spot where it just barely clears the horizontal CMore:

IMG_20180325_095251-3212x2254.thumb.jpg.57a1ac3b67fdede59b7e317df6c26cbd.jpg

You can't really see it in this picture, but I've drilled and tapped the bottom edge of the mount to attach a flat thumb rest, parallel to the bore, like an STI: 

519-1370__79420.1430919681.360.360.jpg?c

On 5/3/2018 at 7:07 PM, George16 said:

V

Which CZ thumb rest is that? Who sells it?

It is a CZ thumbrest. Robin Sebo sells it at Sebo Weapons. 

https://seboweapons.com/en/31-mount-rest

he also sells the mounts that are drilled and tapped, but I just drilled and tapped my own as I prefer the RTS2 over the slide ride. 

Edited by abb1

On 5/3/2018 at 4:58 PM, Magictalent said:

How do you angel it? 

I imagine just a vice grip, a hammer, and some tape on the racker. A few whacks to bend it up. At least that's what I'm going to try now that I've seen this. I have a straight on that I ended flipping to the right side because it kept hitting my thumb when it was on the left. If I can get it bent upwards just a little, I can bring it back to the left.

• 7 months later...

The EWG Sidewinder Slide Racker (finished; with set screw) just works as a drop-in part on the Czechmate. It's a bit too long on one side, but, that's mostly cosmetic. Running it right now.

Let me take a moment to say that the factory slideracker is not worthy of the rest of the gun :): a) it's flat, therefore easy to jam your thumb during shooting; b) the left side of the gun (where rackers belong, at least for righties) is super crowded with controls. As a rule, 2011s have better placement of the racker (further forward) versus the CM.

Edited by shootmove
grammar

59 minutes ago, shootmove said:

There’s a set screw on the end of it.

Edit - I have that slide racker on my TSO.  So I’m 100% sure it has a set score on the end to keep it in place. The little dimple-looking thingy on the end is the screw.

Edited by George16

13 hours ago, George16 said:

Edit - I have that slide racker on my TSO.  So I’m 100% sure it has a set score on the end to keep it in place. The little dimple-looking thingy on the end is the screw.

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm only asking because I'm thinking about getting one.  How does that set screw on the side hold the racker in place?  And, can you easily remove the racker when you want to take the slide off.  That's really the only reason I've left the factory one in place...I didn't feel like having to take it off every time I want to clean the gun.

The set screw “bites” into the slide in the same manner the set crew on the stock slide racker keeps it in place.

You can easily remove the slide racker by loosening the setscrew and pulling out the racker. It’s very easy and not inconvenient at all for me.