Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can you still re-shoot a classifier one time for $5?

Dlister70

I had heard that the rule changed where you can't just re-shoot a classifier into the ground until you get a good score.  Most clubs that I go to have stopped letting you re-shoot multiple times, but some still offer one re-shoot while others say that you can't do that anymore.

I can't find the rule in the book regarding this, and am seeking clarification before I offer it at a match.

I have not heard any such policy change. As far as I’m concerned they can reshoot if they had a gun issue etc. but I wouldn’t let anybody keep reshooting looking for a magic number.

When EzWinScore was eliminated the reshoot process of creating a Re-Entry entry for a shooter was lost...  Allowing the same shooter to reshoot the same gun on a Classifier would replace their score in the main match, which wouldn't be fair...  You could create a fake second name for the shooter, but that just makes the USPSA scores validation more tedious.  We stopped allowing reshoots.

2 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

When EzWinScore was eliminated the reshoot process of creating a Re-Entry entry for a shooter was lost...  Allowing the same shooter to reshoot the same gun on a Classifier would replace their score in the main match, which wouldn't be fair...  You could create a fake second name for the shooter, but that just makes the USPSA scores validation more tedious.  We stopped allowing reshoots.

What I've seen done at the matches that do them would be to create a new name with a number on it.  Your first run and the rest of the match is Bob Smith 1, your second run with just the classifier is Bob Smith 2.  Both names have your USPSA number on them.  

But I don't know what happens with the data once it's sent to USPSA.  I would assume that they take the best score, but maybe they just take the first score.

The validation phase of uploading scores matches shooter's names with their USPSA number...  You have to validate them all before the upload is complete...

validate that "John Doe 1" is John Doe (A12345)

validate that "John Doe 2" is John Doe (A12345)

Many people use a different name to sign up for matches than they do to register for the USPSA...  Hence you would get...

validate that "Jack Doe" is John Doe (A12345)

Not sure what the USPSA's validation process would do if you tried to validate two shooters to the same USPSA number...  At the least one entry probably wouldn't count.

Its not as hard as everyone makes it out to be in practiscore. you just enter them as a new (or walk on) shooter in the same division. you dont need to change there name just make sure they enter the reshoot score on the newly entered shooter. At the end of the match you will end up with John Doe B Production showing 6 of 6 stages shot and John Doe B Production 1 of 6 stages.

But Gooldy is right the rule was changed after some blatant grand bagging so now you are allowed only 1 reshoot per division

Edited by MikeBurgess

Its not as hard as everyone makes it out to be in practiscore. you just enter them as a new (or walk on) shooter in the same division. you dont need to change there name just make sure they enter the reshoot score on the newly entered shooter. At the end of the match you will end up with John Doe B Production showing 6 of 6 stages shot and John Doe B Production 1 of 6 stages.

But Gooldy is right the rule was changed after some blatant grand bagging so now you are allowed only 1 reshoot per division

Yea. It was posted in a BOD meeting minutes release and in front sight....