Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC laser/light start condition

I recently shot Classifier 06-03 which is a close range hoser with a reload.  One of the PCC shooters started with laser on, gun on belt, and had the laser on the A-Zone of the first target.  Looked legal to me.  Great first shot time.

3 minutes ago, Old3GNR said:

I recently shot Classifier 06-03 which is a close range hoser with a reload.  One of the PCC shooters started with laser on, gun on belt, and had the laser on the A-Zone of the first target.  Looked legal to me.  Great first shot time.

It is perfectly legal.  Don't know that I would want to reload from that position though.

39 minutes ago, StuckinMS said:

It is perfectly legal.  Don't know that I would want to reload from that position though.

I shot 06-03 last September for 92% the "normal" way. .  Shortly after that I got a laser and tried 06-03 at the practice range shooting the first target from the hip, reload and take the back target from the shoulder with the red dot.

Mastering the reload with the buttstock still at the hip would be tough.  I need to keep my weak hand on the handguard until I get the buttstock up to my shoulder.  Then go for the magazine.

For me the reloads were painfully slow and my HF would have put me in the 70% range.  Possibly with lots of practice it might get better, but you don't need to do that scenario very often.

Edited by Flatland Shooter