Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Probably not the best place to ask - But - how's the Romeo 1 holding up for you?

ArrDave

The finish is fragile. Many have reported that ejecting brass has nicked the finish. Even worse some brass found its way to the glass and cracked or chipped it. SIG stands behind the R1 and repaired/replaced them.

The BUIS on the R1 is there but I found it diifficult to acquire quickly.

I never had issues with mine (since July '17) but I did just sell it to put a DPP on in it's place FWIW. I'm having the slide altered by 2mm to fit the DPP as shaving the DPP voids the warranty and it is more likely to have issues than my X-Five slide.

Edited by bossgvr4

I just unloaded my R320rx compact after having it for a year. The finish on romeo was wearing off just from the plastic cap included when it was new. It only saw the range a few times and had under 500 rounds fired. It looks like someone was doing slide manipulation with the red dot but it was a babied gun. 

Have two: 3 MOA and 6 MOA.

3000 rds on 320 RX with 3 MOA. No problems. No dings on shroud. Using LAX and Freedom 9mm Reloads and 14# spring. After sighing in have had occasion to remove and reinstall - only needed minor adjustment in azimuth.

1500 rds on 320 X-Carry with 6 MOA. All the same. Very pleased with both.

I have a third 3 MOA (NIB) with Picatinny Rail mounts for sale. Have longer screws to permit disassembly and mounting of basic sight on any X-series 320.

Edited by Jet1945

So far, so good. I’ve had mine for a year. The paint in the shroud has worn off but I kind of expected it. It is my daily carry. I’ve had my battery replaced twice. Once myself and Sig did it during the voluntary upgrade.

I haven’t seen the finish on other RMR/red dots but I expect that they would be in similar conditions. I have a Burris FF3on my FNX.45 T and the paint is worn on the shroud of it also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I bought  lightly used xfive, with a Romeo 1, from a fellow forum member, earlier this year, and the Romeo crapped out the day after I picked it up from my FFL.

I called Sig, and they sent me a call tag to send in the optic. It took about a month before they sent me a replacement.

Right now, Sig has the pistol, for the "upgrade".

It took 3 months before they sent me a call tag, for the pistol.

I really think that someone dropped the ball on it, because I registered another 320, on-line, and had a call tag in less than 2 weeks.

Hopefully, I can get a Gray Guns competition kit for it. I've been on their waiting list since March.

The little bit of shooting I did with the xfive leads me to believe that it might be the most accurate "plastic" gun I've ever shot.

The xfive has much less felt recoil, when compared to a standard 320, but, more than my 5" 2.0, M&P.

I've alternated daily carry of two P320 X-Carry pistols with Romeo1's installed on each since January.  One of the R1's is from August of last year (came off my P320 X-five) and the other was acquired in early January this year.  I changed the factory batteries for fresh Duracells the first week of January.

I carry IWB at 3:30, and occasionally bang the pistol into door frames, etc.  Due to the holster configuration, the right edge of the shroud can be first contact when this happens.  Still, no problems.

I've shot about 2K rounds through both in the 4 months.  I also do about 100 dry fires per evening, because after many years of carrying custom 1911's I still struggle a bit with these triggers.

I generally keep the dot on setting 6 except when dry firing in low light.

So far no issues with battery life.  However the two units behave slightly differently.

The older Romeo1 won't activate unless moved fairly abruptly, such as a draw from kydex, or a sharp tap.  I can put it on a desk, let it deactivate, and carefully pick up the pistol without it activating.  On the other hand, if I grab the pistol or pick it up "normally", it will start, every time.  

The newer Romeo1 will activate if you so much as breathe on it.  Much more sensitive.

No other particular issues, the finish has perhaps gotten a bit shiny on top of the hood, and the green arrows on the setting buttons are long gone to black (which took about a week).  Still waiting for the shroud kits I ordered back in February- not holding my breath.

All in all, I'm quite satisfied with the performance of my Romeo-1's.

I have about 2000 rounds thru my X5 with a 6moa Romeo 1 and I haven’t had any issues with mine........yet. I’m going to buy another one when they come back in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/13/2018 at 7:02 AM, RH45 said:

I bought  lightly used xfive, with a Romeo 1, from a fellow forum member, earlier this year, and the Romeo crapped out the day after I picked it up from my FFL.

I called Sig, and they sent me a call tag to send in the optic. It took about a month before they sent me a replacement.

Right now, Sig has the pistol, for the "upgrade".

It took 3 months before they sent me a call tag, for the pistol.

I really think that someone dropped the ball on it, because I registered another 320, on-line, and had a call tag in less than 2 weeks.

Hopefully, I can get a Gray Guns competition kit for it. I've been on their waiting list since March.

The little bit of shooting I did with the xfive leads me to believe that it might be the most accurate "plastic" gun I've ever shot.

The xfive has much less felt recoil, when compared to a standard 320, but, more than my 5" 2.0, M&P.

How tight did you have the battery cap? 

It sounds like the battery cap might have worked its way loose. Easy fix if so. 

The included tool doesn't provide enough torque. Use a real screw driver or Wheeler wrench and give it 5 to 10 lb or torque. 

I have four R1s. One has about 10k rounds on it with no signs of stopping. The new 6MOA are really nice too since they are quite a bit brighter. I wouldn't use another dot if you paid me. 

I thought that possibly it could have been a bad connection, and I guarantee that when the 2nd new battery didn’t make it work, I’m sure that I cranked it way above 10 inch pounds. I went to a screwdriver with a fat handle.

I asked them to send me a 6moa, when they said they were sending a replacement, but, they said that they didn’t have any.?

• 2 weeks later...

I just had SIG issue a call tag for a Romeo 1 purchased last year.  The sight is still working however the dot now looks like 2 separate dots stacked on top of each other.  I would say I have about a 1000 rounds on the optic.

Right now I am trying to figure out what route I want to go going forward.  It seems that there have been issues with just about every miniaturized red dot.  In the past year, I have sent in 2 Trijicon RMR type 2s because the dot went from being nice and clear to a 10 MOA starbust,  One deltapoint pro where the triangle started to look like blurred image, and now this Romeo.  All of these red dots were slide mounted different pistols.  Heck, the last RMR I bought didn't last 100 rounds before it lost zero and the dot became a massive starburst. 

Anyone running the Romeo 3 on the X5?  Thought about just buying the adapter plate and giving that a try while my Romeo is in for repair.