Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pasa Stages

Sestock

From shooting a nationals at PASA and seeing videos of several others the stages seem to remain constant. It appears that the walls and hard portions of the stages do not change, only the target placements change. Is this correct?

It appears that the walls and hard portions of the stages do not change, only the target placements change.  Is this correct?

I can only speak for Stage 12, but......

Popper was moved...

Drop turner was moved...

Change from Metric to Classic targets...

Change in number and position of penalty targets...

Start position changed...

Other than that... neither my target placement, or any of my walls were moved...

Yeah, I too was surprised at the number of walls that (in pictures) looked absolutely identical to last year. At least they slapped a little more paint onto 'em.

Time for some modular wall systems, I think. The exact same walls year-to-year for our national championship match is absurd.

The exact same walls year-to-year for our national championship match is absurd.

Aww...come on now. While some walls were similar (the double movers HAD to use the same setup, right?), there is no way that the shooting challenge presented was anywhere near the same.

I thought the stage were great shooting tests this year. (I shot Production.)

There were similar structures as last year, but no stages remotely close except the steely speed and the dark house.

I thought the open stages were easier...and it wasn't just the dot. They traded the 35 yd mini popper for a full size after the prod match. :)

SA

The exact same walls year-to-year for our national championship match is absurd.

Aww...come on now. While some walls were similar (the double movers HAD to use the same setup, right?), there is no way that the shooting challenge presented was anywhere near the same.

You telling me they modified the walls, not the targets, not the fault lines, the walls, in some way as to make them visibly identical, but otherwise different from what we shot last year?

Shred.

The 2004 nationals wall layout was in no way, not even close, to the wall layout for the 2005 nationals. Stage 2 was very close, but all others were very different.

As for changing the stages between the LPR and Open/L-10. Setup started 7/10 and the match was ready to go 7/16. There was a rain day in there that had setup on hold for a half day. Even with all wall sections on the proper ranges it took 2 1/2 days to get them up and braced. The worked their butt off for 6 days getting the match built then worked 2 1/2 days running competitors. Wednesday was change over day, and working on the face of the sun would have been cooler.

You really think they should have changed all the wall layouts?

Shred.

The 2004 nationals wall layout was in no way, not even close, to the wall layout for the 2005 nationals. Stage 2 was very close, but all others were very different.

You really think they should have changed all the wall layouts?

Between Limited and Open? No. Between 2004 and 2005, yes.

If the walls really were changed, then they done good. All I'm saying is that the stages I saw pictures or video of looked very familliar. I must have seen a lot of stage 2 and the other "recycled" parts of stages that didn't change (say, the first three quarters of Stage 16, for example, and say, all of stage 12 as Brian says above)

Stage 12 wall layout may have been similar to some. This year the window ports were MUCH smaller. Some wall layouts work better on certain ranges better than others.

Stage 16 had 2 sliders, 2 doors, a table for the gun, and a bed in '04. This year one door, a fly'n pig that smoked cigars, no sliders, no table, and no bed.

BTW the dark house had doors last year. This year they were removed.

Shred,

I don't think there was much resemblance between last year and this year. Granted, my memory sucks in general, but I still don't think they were very similar.

As for the change over between Lim and Open, I couldn't believe how much they changed the match. Some.....maybe 5 stages were unchanged except for type of targets. And some of those were speed shoots. But the majority of them were drastically different. I thought it would be a huge advantage in the second match if you had shot the first, but that really wasn't the case.

I felt they did an excellent job of presenting a different shooting challenge between the matches.

Shred,

I thought 2 was the closest to last year, but the first two ports where we stood to shoot, were now so low that we had to squat or crouch to shoot through the diamonds.......

All of the other stages differed more ---- but I noticed that parts of stages (components or arrays if you will) seemed familiar.....

hey shred,

stage 16 didn't remotely resemble last year or the year before, in that bay.

yeah, it had a door; beyond that, any resemblence to previous stages is merely coincidental. ;) moreover, in the second match, the door didn't activate anything.