Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA 2011 40s&w

Daleo8803

I plan on buying a RIA 2011 in 40 s&w, the PRO Ultra. I believe it takes para p16 mags. Does anyone make extended base pads for these? I will be using the gun in uspsa limited major. Also can I use any double stack 1911 trigger for it? Normal 1911 internals ( springs, sear, etc) thanks!

I have the tac version, same gun just has a rail and different rear sight as far as I know. Not sure about the p16 mags, as mine came with 2 MBX's and some Mecgars with dawson basepads. Most of the internals had been upgraded with other normal parts. There is a long thread on here that should give you most of the info that you will need. I enjoyed shooting mine but now it just sits in the safe as I moved on to another gun.

Mec gar mags and Taylor Freelance base pads fit 20 for me.  Para Canadian mags and Dawson pads work also, but are harder to find. 20-21 rounds.  Act mags or SPS will work but I have little experience there.  MBX for Para but most costly.

I use the ACT ones at the link below with Dawson Precision base pads and TTI followers (I dremeled them a bit).  They easily fit 21 reloadable.  You can fit the 22nd in, but it's REALLY tight. Starting a stage with 22 rounds is nice.  Think they cost me ~$60 each.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/armscorrock-island-armory-c-152/rock-island-armory-1911-a2-40sw-10mm-16-rd-or-p16-oemp164015b-p-1612.html

Edited by fbzero

I shoot an RIA 51782 -- the 40SW double stack with the rail (not the Pro Match)

I've had all sorts of mag issues with it, detailed in the big thread. I think it's sorted out now.

Basically, I modify the Mec-Gar P16 mags and use Arredondo followers/springs with a modified Dawson basepad and modified Arredondo insert. They fit 20 reliably, and I can jam 21 into one of two of them if need be.

Pictures and more information about my struggles are around page 40 in the big thread --