Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PT Evo-Like Grips

Nayr

Well, my Lok Shadow 2-specific palm swell Bogies arrived today.

I think we have a winner! Jayson did a great job with the design on these ones. They definitely help to fill my palm without affecting trigger reach as the top portion of the grips are incredibly thin.

With some Pro Grip, I don't think I'll have any real grip issues. My only complaint would be that I wish the Bogies were slightly more aggressive (the custom pair I had Jayson do seemed a bit more aggressively cut) and that the palm swell was slightly larger.

I ordered the black/gray variant, and I think I'll probably go with black/blue or zombie for the back-up gat.

1 hour ago, eerw said:

I found the scales kind of slippery as my grip shifted a lot

I just don't want to deal with the fitting on the Scales. They are too expensive to do that crap.

10 hours ago, Nayr said:

Well, my Lok Shadow 2-specific palm swell Bogies arrived today.

I think we have a winner! Jayson did a great job with the design on these ones. They definitely help to fill my palm without affecting trigger reach as the top portion of the grips are incredibly thin.

With some Pro Grip, I don't think I'll have any real grip issues. My only complaint would be that I wish the Bogies were slightly more aggressive (the custom pair I had Jayson do seemed a bit more aggressively cut) and that the palm swell was slightly larger.

I ordered the black/gray variant, and I think I'll probably go with black/blue or zombie for the back-up gat.

You can have him do the palm swell in his roughneck texture. It’s the same as VZ diamondbacks. Very aggressive 

11 hours ago, eerw said:

I found the scales kind of slippery as my grip shifted a lot

I agree but the overall shape is awesome. Stuart are you guys going to make the mikro grips for the czechmate or TSO? Also are there any plans on making a thicker or palm swell version?

29 minutes ago, Superpipe9 said:

You can have him do the palm swell in his roughneck texture. It’s the same as VZ diamondbacks. Very aggressive 

I sent him an email to see if he'd do a swap out for a custom pair of S2-palm swells.

On 3/29/2018 at 10:10 PM, Nayr said:

I just don't want to deal with the fitting on the Scales. They are too expensive to do that crap.

Didn't really have to fit mine. Took about 1 minute of filing to make the hole larger for the screw to fit, and I was finished.

I've tried CZ Lemon Graters, standard S2 grips, LOK Palm Swell Bogies, and Scales 2.0. The Scales 2.0 are my favorite followed by the Palm Swell Bogies (just a hair too wide for me, and was still slippery during summer).

I'd be willing to try the Ceasar shop grips. Seen them on lots of stuff on the shadow 2 fb page. But it would be on a whim as I'm happy with what I have right now.

On 3/29/2018 at 9:08 PM, Superpipe9 said:

Rowdy have you ever used the henning grips in a tac sport?

no, i sold my TS before I started using these grips.

17 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Didn't really have to fit mine. Took about 1 minute of filing to make the hole larger for the screw to fit, and I was finished.

I've tried CZ Lemon Graters, standard S2 grips, LOK Palm Swell Bogies, and Scales 2.0. The Scales 2.0 are my favorite followed by the Palm Swell Bogies (just a hair too wide for me, and was still slippery during summer).

Some filing wouldn’t be be end of the world. What do you like about the Scales? Do you think they increase the reach to the trigger from something like a CZC thin grip or the Palm Swell Bogies?

Im not sure what Lok does differently on the palm swell Bogies but the texture is noticeably less aggressive than the custom slim Bogies he cut for me. Right now I’m leaning towards just having him do the Roughneck texture on the Palm Swell grips and calling it a day. 

26 minutes ago, Nayr said:

Some filing wouldn’t be be end of the world. What do you like about the Scales? Do you think they increase the reach to the trigger from something like a CZC thin grip or the Palm Swell Bogies?

Im not sure what Lok does differently on the palm swell Bogies but the texture is noticeably less aggressive than the custom slim Bogies he cut for me. Right now I’m leaning towards just having him do the Roughneck texture on the Palm Swell grips and calling it a day. 

I just like the texture and the pockets formed in the palm of your hand. It really locks in, and I will actually get callouses on my strong hand from pinching (doesn't actually hurt). If the palm swell bogies aren't as aggressive, it'd probably be ergonomic issues with palm swells not fitting your hand right resulting in gaps between the grip and your hand.

SSI grips will bring your grip width to match a 2011.

Edited by SlvrDragon50

6 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

I just like the texture and the pockets formed in the palm of your hand. It really locks in, and I will actually get callouses on my strong hand from pinching (doesn't actually hurt). If the palm swell bogies aren't as aggressive, it'd probably be ergonomic issues with palm swells not fitting your hand right resulting in gaps between the grip and your hand.

SSI grips will bring your grip width to match a 2011.

Thanks for your input. I'm sure someone will be running them at one of the major matches near me - I'll give them a shot then.

After some more dry fire with the Lok Bogies palm swell, I think I'm sticking with Lok. My double-action reach is just slightly lengthened with the palm swell, but my sight stability is much improved over their thin grips. The palm swells give me a lot more "meat" to hold on to on the gun.

I asked Jayson to send me an invoice for a set of the Shadow 2 Roughnecks. I want to compare them side-by-side.

21 minutes ago, Nayr said:

Thanks for your input. I'm sure someone will be running them at one of the major matches near me - I'll give them a shot then.

After some more dry fire with the Lok Bogies palm swell, I think I'm sticking with Lok. My double-action reach is just slightly lengthened with the palm swell, but my sight stability is much improved over their thin grips. The palm swells give me a lot more "meat" to hold on to on the gun.

I asked Jayson to send me an invoice for a set of the Shadow 2 Roughnecks. I want to compare them side-by-side.

Scales are pretty common so I have no doubt that you will come across a set.

If my hands didn't sweat like crazy I would get the LOK grips, but I just find the Scales to do much better with profuse sweating. I had to use chalk with the Bogies. I still do with the Scales, but I can't get away without it if I forget.

• 3 weeks later...

After a bit of a wait, I received my Lok Shadow 2 Palm Swell Grips in the Roughneck pattern today.

After comparing side-by-side, this is by far the closest in texture to the PT Evo grips that I've come across. Very happy with these grips, although I think the Bogies are also excellent.

• 3 months later...