Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Glock connector is the crispest?

vnboileau

I’ve tried a bunch of connectors, polished everything and installed $230 zev Tech ultimate kits. At the end of the day, that system is generally going to be a zero sum game between trigger weight and “crispness”.  Maybe Johnny Glock can build you a 2.5# trigger but you start to defeat internal safeties and your cost in the gun is the same as a used Edge. 

I am a glock fan and own lots of them but gave up on them for limited because the 2011 platform is superior in every way except cost IMO (higher frame weight, lower slide weight, trigger pulls back rather than on fulcrum, etc).

I went down this road a few years ago and tried a bunch of different connectors and spring kits and ended up liking the Taran Tactical kit the most. You still have some take up in the beginning, but the reset and crispness was worth it. With the new runs allowing full on trigger kits now, that might change things but I would try the TTI kit.

i'm a  fan of  the  zev units....BUUUT, they still need  some  work  to  extract  the  best  out  of  em.....with the  complete  ultimate  trigger kit, i'm getting a   very  crisp 2.1lbs  trigger  break, and  not  a  rolling break.  more  like  a  glass.....and  no, it is  not  true  that  at this  point  the  safeties  aren't  working anymore.  mine are intact,on the  three  limited  glocks   i  own  and  use  at the games.

45 minutes ago, sigsauerfan said:

i'm a  fan of  the  zev units....BUUUT, they still need  some  work  to  extract  the  best  out  of  em.....with the  complete  ultimate  trigger kit, i'm getting a   very  crisp 2.1lbs  trigger  break, and  not  a  rolling break.  more  like  a  glass.....and  no, it is  not  true  that  at this  point  the  safeties  aren't  working anymore.  mine are intact,on the  three  limited  glocks   i  own  and  use  at the games.

2.1#.....How did you do that? My zev ultimates were never better than 4.5lbs and I re-polished it all myself. 

6 hours ago, Covfefe said:

2.1#.....How did you do that? My zev ultimates were never better than 4.5lbs and I re-polished it all myself. 

i  won't go  into  fine  details, but  to  achieve  a  sub 3lbs  trigger break  with zev's system   you  need  to  reshape  the  striker  leg  and  trigger  bar  tab  (the part of  the  bar rubbing against the  connector).   your 4.5 trigger  seems  high to me  as  polishing alone  should  drives  you  into  the  mid 3lbs range ,this  assuming  you have the comp spring kit  installed.

you might want to  consider  that  guys like  johny glock and  Daniel from DK trigger  can get  you  the same  kind  of  light trigger  with stock parts  with different  springs . me    i  went  the ZEV  way  because their  V4  connector    and  striker.  the  rest  of  the  system is only  cosmetic, yet,    i  like the feel  of  the  larger  trigger surface  of the  zev unit.

Edited by sigsauerfan

pretty much concur with the above. sub #3 with a zev v4 connector and a trigger spring is very easy. have one set up with a zev trigger and a  v4 connector, and a lot of work on it at #2 even and crisp. everything works, and it will bust cci primers 100%.

I've got a DK trigger and really like the feel.  I'd buy another, but I don't think he's still doing triggers.

And I've shot a Zev trigger, but I wouldn't really call it crisp feeling.

Edit: nevermind, I guess DK is still in business

Edited by vnboileau

8 hours ago, lefty o said:

pretty much concur with the above. sub #3 with a zev v4 connector and a trigger spring is very easy. have one set up with a zev trigger and a  v4 connector, and a lot of work on it at #2 even and crisp. everything works, and it will bust cci primers 100%.

Glad you guys have had better luck. 

I have zev ultimate kits in my glock 17, 21, 34 and 35. 

All were polished once again for good measure. 

My lyman trigger gauge says the 17 is the lightest at 4.1#. 

Crispness, light and other terms are all subjective.  Also tried all the various aftermarket connectors.  After polishing everything and without changing any springs the angle on the connector that drives the trigger bar down determines the break.  The stock 5 lb connector is the more pronounced feel.  You have a distinct wall and a nice break  because of the angle.  Put in a minus or any other connector the angle is more of a gentle slope.  The wall is not as pronounced and the break is longer because of the slope.  I had a TTI connector that the trigger was almost to the frame before it broke.  Now, of course you can start changing things by lighter springs, removing take up, adding set screws to shorten overtravel, the list goes on.  This is what makes the glock so nice, you can tune to your own individual needs.  If I was going to get a trigger exactly like I wanted I would have to go with Johnny Glock.  That guy can do magic with a Glock trigger.  Just check out his you tube videos.

remember  that the companies  who builds complete  trigger  systems for  glocks  are trap'ed  with  liability ,   even if  it is  stipulated   that they're  not responsible  regarding  the  failure  that could  result  into  someone  getting  wounded  for  whatever  reasons  implying  one  of  their  units. that is the  only  reason as  the  why they  don't  provides triggers 
 tuned   to   the  fine  edge. 

however,  the  glock trigger  system  has  some  room  left  for    a  lower  weight break  and  good  feel  ,but  you  must know  what  to  do,and  on  what parts  of  the  system.  at one point,yes you must  reshape  some profiles,and  yes, you must  remove some  material  instead  of  only  polishing  IF  one  wants  to  extract  100%  of  the  system. i've  myself  ruined  perfect  trigger  bars  in the  process, then at one  point in the trial fail-sucess,you  can identify  where  the  gains  can be made.

On 3/11/2018 at 11:27 AM, Tyrsman said:

Call Johnny Glock and talk to him about what you want your trigger to feel like.  He will let you know if he can build it or not.  Great guy to deal with and builds a great trigger too.  Good luck!

I called him and ordered a trigger.  Can't wait to try it out....