Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Haunted by your 1st gun classification

spininfirec

Coming from a 3gun background, I started shooting some uspsa for practice.  And you can assume 9mm which doesnt go over well in USPSA.  I got classified acouple years ago as a B limited. I recently got classified as an A in PCC which is my strongest gun shooting 3gun.  However I had several GM times and eventually could obtain more than enough GM times if I shoot enough classifiers.  AS I understand the rule, I can only go up 1 or down 1 from my first gun.  I just bought an open gun which I am unclassified mainly to finally get scored major PF. 

Long story short, I will only be shooting Open and PCC in the near future not furthering my chances to increase that Limited "B".   I understand this can hurt someone in the opposite direction.  Anybody else have problems with this??

22 hours ago, aandabooks said:

If you go to GM in either Open or PCC your Limited will go to Master even if you don't shoot it again.  

So your saying even if I have the limited B still thre, If I hit GM with PCC it will stay?  

If I understand that correcly, it would move my limited to M??

16 minutes ago, spininfirec said:

So your saying even if I have the limited B still thre, If I hit GM with PCC it will stay?  

Once you jump up in any division all other divisions you are classified in automatically go up to one level below it. 

If you are D class in three divisions and you make it to B in another, those D’s become C’s. And so on and so forth.

13 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Once you jump up in any division all other divisions you are classified in automatically go up to one level below it. 

If you are D class in three divisions and you make it to B in another, those D’s become C’s. And so on and so forth.

Ahh, I think I was misinformed in the begining (at my local club)if I am following correctly.  I was told those "D in 3 divisions" would only allow you to climb 1 classification in your new gun to a C.  But you are saying the low classification doesnt hold that to a C??  You could in theory be D in 3 divisions and get GM in your 4th.  All your D's go to Master?

5 minutes ago, spininfirec said:

Ahh, I think I was misinformed in the begining (at my local club)if I am following correctly.  I was told those "D in 3 divisions" would only allow you to climb 1 classification in your new gun to a C.  But you are saying the low classification doesnt hold that to a C??  You could in theory be D in 3 divisions and get GM in your 4th.  All your D's go to Master?

Correct

I made Master this year and every other Division went to A

Even divisions I havn't shot in 3-4 years

44 minutes ago, spininfirec said:

Right.  If you make GM in anything the lowest any other division can be is an M.  Make GM in PCC and show up to a classifier match with a revolver that you've never shot or practiced with.  Record 4 scores and you're an instant Revolver M.

Yep, I'm a A in PCC but haven't shot a single classifier in the A level for PCC. Because I am M in Prod I get to be A in PCC no matter how poorly I shoot those classifiers. You can see by the screen shot taken from my USPSA profile today.

mine.JPG