Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Glock knuckle" on Shadow 2?

Flyingpig

Trying to figure out if its my Shadow 2 causing this or if its possible my Blade Tech holster. Is anyone else getting "Glock knuckle" with their shadow 2s? I thought possibly it was my holster causing the  problem but after a bit of dremmel work on the holster the problem persists. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm using LOK grips. The thin bogies. Developing a nasty callous on my knuckle where I believe its hitting the bottom of the trigger guard on my draw. I thought I was possibly catching it on the edge of the kydex of my Blade Tech holster so I dremeled it down a bit. it didn't help. I'm still hitting the trigger guard to the point that it sometimes gets sore during dry fire. By the lack of responses it looks like I am the only one.

Edited by Flyingpig

1 minute ago, Flyingpig said:

I'm actually developing a pretty large callus finally so its not really painful anymore. Was more curious if others have had the same problem.

I have had that problem though it isn't consistent. Sometimes the callous builds and other times it doesn't.

6 hours ago, Flyingpig said:

I have not yet. Why do you think they might help? I do have large meat hooks so......maybe its worth a try.

Seems to have an association with grips that have flat sides. Maybe the palm swell version will move your finger enough that it will reduce or eliminate the pressure against the trigger guard. 

If it is the middle joint , middle finger, I get it with every gun that has a hard 90 edge on the trigger guard. 

When I was shooting 2011's, a very slight bevel on the right side of the trigger guard made a great deal of improvement.

Now that it is legal to take a dremel to Uspsa production guns I am going to see if I can put the callous in my rear view mirror.

1 hour ago, BeltFed said:

Just for my clarification on the Glock knuckle, are you talking about your trigger finger or your middle finger?

It's the middle finger from hitting the underside of the trigger guard. In fact after the first dry fire session when I bought the gun I actually rubbed the skin off of my knuckle. It was very painful at first but like I said, now I am developing quite a callous.

Yes, this was the only painful part of owning a SP01 Shadow/Accu LOL. Just recently finally took care of it.

I removed the edge hand filing then removed scratches sandpaper -- no dremel. My CO accushadow not refinished yet, you can see where I knocked the edge off. Another of the CO SP01 shadows with same edge smoothing work after it was cerekoated.

knuckle1.jpg

knuckle2.jpg

On 2/28/2018 at 12:05 PM, trgt said:

Yes, this was the only painful part of owning a SP01 Shadow/Accu LOL. Just recently finally took care of it.

I removed the edge hand filing then removed scratches sandpaper -- no dremel. My CO accushadow not refinished yet, you can see where I knocked the edge off. Another of the CO SP01 shadows with same edge smoothing work after it was cerekoated.

knuckle1.jpg

knuckle2.jpg

This is now production legal now? Trigger guard modification? I didn't hear about that.

4 hours ago, 2ndSupporter said:

This is now production legal now? Trigger guard modification? I didn't hear about that.

20180209%2017b%20Change%20Log%20App%20D4

21.4 is what you are interested in. Changes are not effective until "3 months from published date" , I think that means May 10

I'm using LOK grips. The thin bogies. Developing a nasty callous on my knuckle where I believe its hitting the bottom of the trigger guard on my draw. I thought I was possibly catching it on the edge of the kydex of my Blade Tech holster so I dremeled it down a bit. it didn't help. I'm still hitting the trigger guard to the point that it sometimes gets sore during dry fire. By the lack of responses it looks like I am the only one.

I have the same exact thing going on now. I have a callous on my middle finger knuckle as well. Also have the Thin LOK boogies as well. I have a pair of regular ones but I like the thins due to my short fingers. I'm wait to get a RRK to remedy this as well. I just figured getting the Glock knuckle is common with using an aggressive grip.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, zeroryde said:

I have the same exact thing going on now. I have a callous on my middle finger knuckle as well. Also have the Thin LOK boogies as well. I have a pair of regular ones but I like the thins due to my short fingers. I'm wait to get a RRK to remedy this as well. I just figured getting the Glock knuckle is common with using an aggressive grip.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not a Glock, but went ahead & knocked down the 90 degree edge of my trigger guard. You only need to remove a very slight amount of material to fix the problem & I'm loving not getting that ouchie from dry fire practice.