Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HK P30L Box to Match REVIEW

P.E. Kelley

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. Kelly,

Great review (as always)... Quick Q.. what are your thoughts of the P30L compared to the CZ P-09 which you also reviewed? Just curious as I've owned P-09's and the feedback / comparison would be helpful. Thank you.

• 3 months later...
On 6/15/2018 at 9:28 PM, Wisemenofgotham said:

Awesome!  I love your videos on Youtube!

My EDC is a Cajunized P07 and I used to carry a VP9, I’m curious to hear your detailed thoughts of the P30L vs P09 if you get a chance.

I don't really have "detailed thoughts”.

Most every gun I review is a fine tool for the jobs we do.  In my thinking it is about our interface with that particular tool.

Some fit us, or feel better to us, than others. Some make us feel better about ownership (cool looking, custom, exclusive, or currently hot).

Within this forum (and seen often within our gun gaming community) we throw money at whatever platform we have in

front of us while looking for the next greatest tool and the next and the next...

We all know "inside" that we are element that needs the money thrown at it! We are the only real thing holding our scores down.

Now understand that I love to experiment and tune and tweak and learn about these ballistic tools. How to improve them and make them more friendly to me and my pursuits.  However given that I have taken over 50 handguns out of the box and shot most of them to podium finishes, I know it is me more than the tool in my hand that matters.

Sorry that is not much of an answer.

Edited by P.E. Kelley

16 hours ago, Wisemenofgotham said:

I appreciate the response, it makes sense.  Looking forward for your future content.

To actually answer the question.  Without real data, I "feel" the HK would be need less maintenance and

be more long lived over its lifetime.

On 6/17/2018 at 8:05 AM, P.E. Kelley said:

I don't really have "detailed thoughts”.

Most every gun I review is a fine tool for the jobs we do.  In my thinking it is about our interface with that particular tool.

Some fit us, or feel better to us, than others. Some make us feel better about ownership (cool looking, custom, exclusive, or currently hot).

Within this forum (and seen often within our gun gaming community) we throw money at whatever platform we have in

front of us while looking for the next greatest tool and the next and the next...

We all know "inside" that we are element that needs the money thrown at it! We are the only real thing holding our scores down.

Now understand that I love to experiment and tune and tweak and learn about these ballistic tools. How to improve them and make them more friendly to me and my pursuits.  However given that I have taken over 50 handguns out of the box and shot most of them to podium finishes, I know it is me more than the tool in my hand that matters.

Sorry that is not much of an answer.

Thank you for this, it is probably one of the best worded explanations I have seen of basically how little difference the gun makes in our form of shooting.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...