Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Nut house for sale?

Anybody have any experience with selling a house that has a gun nut room?

I'm wondering how much to sanitize the place to not offend or scare buyers...

Planning on the cover for the press (thanks Brian) and moving the bullets and powder to the garage. Safe looks fine, gun mags will be in the closet.

Good enough?

SA

You had to do that in Houston!!!

Steve I guess here in Ohio we need to sell the gun stuff or leave it at the relatives. Plant various liberal magazines and books through the house. Stratigically  place NOW and NEA stickers at various places in your house. When prospects come over wear your PETA t-shirt and lament about how you could only grow so many fresh asparagus in the yard to feed your vegetarian family. Can I stop now? Sorry my house went on the market yesterday also. Where are those blankets?

Quote: from Steve Anderson on 3:01 pm on Feb. 7, 2003

I just don't want Suzie Homebuyer to have to imagine her baby's crib between the ammo machine and the gun safe!

SA

Where else would you put it? Just name the kid Stewie, and everything should turn out fine

when we were looking at buying houses last time, we looked at one that backed on to a pistol range, when I told the realtor about the range he didn't think he could get anybody to buy it,  

i guess some people don't see easy access to the range as a selling feature (go figure)

I had to chuckle... I have gobs of gun photographs (I do product photography) mounted, framed and scattered all over the living room... along with the NRA certificates, a supportive  personal protection quote (also framed) from the Dalai Lama himself, stacks of gun periodicals, and a dry-fire target propped up on bookcase shelf... along with the photo portrait of me (also framed) doing an admin reload of my Sig. The heck with anyone who doesn't like it. No one's said anything weird yet. They're all definitely conversation pieces. My reloader-person came by one day last month (his first visit here) and said, "...You ought to get yourself a boy-friend. He'd love it in here!" Am working on it.

At least I don't have to worry about trying to sell this apartment.

My entire apartment is the 'gun nut room'.

(Edited by SiG Lady at 4:37 pm on Feb. 7, 2003)

I have a friend with a fire resistant gun vault built into his basement.  The door came from a bank safe.  Imagine trying to explain that during the open house!!!

" Post your pic, you may get some proposals here "

Being one of the very,  very privledged few to see that picture my guess is the amount of proposals would be the problem!!!

This is off-topic, but it reminded me....

Of a place I used to work in Portland; when the big-wigs from Japan and China came touring through, and went into the machine shop, took a peek in the grinding room, and the shop supervisor had his M-16's and stuff spread out on a bench back there.....

The company was closed up about 6 months after that....not sure why.....