Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who is best for carry gun Mods?

scottinohio

CGW Pro Grade.

My P-07 has a 8.75 lb super smooth, linear pull.

Single Action is 3.75 lbs, CRISP.

Reset is 2.8 mm.

Just let them know it's a fighting gun not a gamer gun.

The West Monroe Police Department have approved Pro Grade P-09s.

Give CGW a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May want to be careful on trigger work and light pull weights for a variety of reasons.  Two that come to mind are: 1) With a light pull, it is easier to discharge the pistol accidentally under the stress of the situation requiring you to draw a carry firearm, and 2)  a district attorney (or the like) may press charges on you because the trigger was lightened and the only reason you did it was so you could shoot/kill someone and do it easier (a specious argument I know).  An anti-gun DA can make a similar argument about JHP bullets.  They are only intended to kill people and that is what you used them for.  Again specious.  And, a good defense lawyer can negate the argument unless the local police jurisdiction does NOT use JHP ammo, which is a rarity but some do not use JHPs. 

For a carry pistol, polishing to make things smoother poses little risk.  Things to improve sights, reliability, and the like are not much of a risk.  I suggest keep it nearly 100% stock, but ensure smooth trigger and 100% reliable.  Other than that, stock for carry pistol.  And, regular practice with the pistol -- at least once a month.

I agree with Gene. I have always been advised to keep a carry gun completely stock. In the aftermath of an unfortunate situation where you have to use it to defend yourself, you can bet any modification you have made will be known and scrutinized. Everyone here understands the reliability implications, I'm just referring to the legal headache one will have to endure afterwards. By no means am I a subject matter expert on this, just the practice I follow. Sorry it's off the OP's topic but just my $0.02. 

Go ahead and get your carry pistol slicked up, as long as it it safe and reliable. I spoke with an attorney that is a competitive shooter, and he researched to see if there was a prosecution or civil case that involved a pistol with a modified trigger. He said he could not find a case where the pistol had any thing to do with the case if the shooting was a justified use of force to begin with. In other words, it doesn't matter if your pistol is stock out of the box, or a highly modified competition pistol, a good shoot is a good shoot, and a bad shoot is a bad shoot.