Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EoTech 552 ??

• 4 weeks later...

I really like the circle-dot reticles and larger field of vision.  I have both an EoTech EXPS 2.0 and a Holosun 510C on my two PSA PCC's.  The reticle styles are identical but the Holosun's is a continuous circle instead of collection of individual dots.  It is also instant on and solar powered with a 50-cent wafer battery backup. 

Now for the really good part.  The Holosun is about 60% of the cost of the EoTech.  IMHO it is a far superior product for a significantly lower cost.  Give it a try.  You can usually get one for under $300 on an Optics Planet sale.

31 minutes ago, XD Niner said:

I really like the circle-dot reticles and larger field of vision.  I have both an EoTech EXPS 2.0 and a Holosun 510C on my two PSA PCC's.  The reticle styles are identical but the Holosun's is a continuous circle instead of collection of individual dots.  It is also instant on and solar powered with a 50-cent wafer battery backup. 

Now for the really good part.  The Holosun is about 60% of the cost of the EoTech.  IMHO it is a far superior product for a significantly lower cost.  Give it a try.  You can usually get one for under $300 on an Optics Planet sale.

I'll second that opinion.

On 1/22/2018 at 5:37 AM, sandrooney said:

I tried the EoTech 552 and really liked it but was just a little heavy for PCC. I would have used it on my AR 15 but already had a Burris XTR 2 1-8 which I really like.

I've noticed the same thing about the weight. I wish EoTech made a substantially lower profile, lighter version (even smaller than the XPS2 I mean)

Gonna third the opinion on the HS510c. The reticle isn't blurry like an Eotech and I can switch it on the fly. I'll normally just use the dot only, but will sometimes turn on the circle and use the bottom hash mark as my holdover for close up targets depending on the stage. 

Only downside is the mount sucks, but loctite it and witness mark the screw and it isn't too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of these sites have same technology of the EOTECH? All others I've looked at required you to look through the center axis. Only EOTECH allows terrible head position. Cover 2/3 of the front  glass and see if you still the reticle center.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran  an EXPS2  T dot For a year on one of mine. I have transitioned over to the Vortex UH-1  on both my primary and back up it has a  less pixelated / clearer retical with the same field of view, hologram based reticle (allows for off center head position) and speed of the circle dot.    I keep the EXPS2  T dot teamed with a 3X magnifier for PCC only matches that have distance shots past 100 YD's as the 2nd Dot ( 600 yd for 5.56mm) is my 200 yd hold over reference point, something the UH-1 does not have in its  retical. 

1 hour ago, 2011BLDR said:

I ran  an EXPS2  T dot For a year on one of mine. I have transitioned over to the Vortex UH-1  on both my primary and back up it has a  less pixelated / clearer retical with the same field of view, hologram based reticle (allows for off center head position) and speed of the circle dot.    I keep the EXPS2  T dot teamed with a 3X magnifier for PCC only matches that have distance shots past 100 YD's as the 2nd Dot ( 600 yd for 5.56mm) is my 200 yd hold over reference point, something the UH-1 does not have in its  retical. 

How is the Uh-1 brightness wise? Get bright enough for any conditions?