Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2017 at 4:11 PM, RH45 said:

Although I still have the stock P.O.S. on my MPX, I changed to steel charging handles, years ago, on all of my ARs.

I am curious--have you had any issues with Steel Charging Handles?

I thought about doing this once.  And then I looked at my existing aluminum charging handle.  It was a little worn down on one side from a surprisingly small amount of shooting / dry firing.  It left me concerned as to whether or not my charging handle was damaging my upper receiver (it looked fine).  With a steel charging handle, it seems like that might really hurt your upper receiver which I think is aluminum.

This is all just speculation on my part and I could be totally wrong.  I am curious what your actual experience has been.  Any damage to your upper receiver?

19 minutes ago, Nemesis Lead said:

I am curious--have you had any issues with Steel Charging Handles?

I thought about doing this once.  And then I looked at my existing aluminum charging handle.  It was a little worn down on one side from a surprisingly small amount of shooting / dry firing.  It left me concerned as to whether or not my charging handle was damaging my upper receiver (it looked fine).  With a steel charging handle, it seems like that might really hurt your upper receiver which I think is aluminum.

This is all just speculation on my part and I could be totally wrong.  I am curious what your actual experience has been.  Any damage to your upper receiver?

No problems whatsoever