Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primers in magazine shield

I have some primers accumulated in the bottom of the magazine shield, What is the best way to get them out. I assume the hex screws (red arrows in picture) can be removed to take it off and get the primers out, right. Any better ideas?

y4m81G1nZzRm_wMKHHkATA8j0SyzRS5HQHBY8C78

Edited by GregInAtl

On 12/11/2017 at 8:47 PM, GregInAtl said:

I ended up sucking the primers up with my shop vac, holding the nozzle over the top of the tube. Problem solved

I really hope you are joking. Shop vacs are notorious for static. If you have enough static built up when that primer caps hits the filter and causes a spark, it will ignite. If your sucking up live primers, there is a chance that you are sucking up powder. Powder will sit in the filter of your shop vac. If that primer pops, and you have powder in your filter, you will end up with a fire. Please be safe with primers and powder. You never know what will cause a primer to go off, so its better to be safe than sorry. 

3 hours ago, leewongfei said:

I really hope you are joking. Shop vacs are notorious for static. If you have enough static built up when that primer caps hits the filter and causes a spark, it will ignite. If your sucking up live primers, there is a chance that you are sucking up powder. Powder will sit in the filter of your shop vac. If that primer pops, and you have powder in your filter, you will end up with a fire. Please be safe with primers and powder. You never know what will cause a primer to go off, so its better to be safe than sorry. 

I guess I need to do some research on static electricity, I am always cleaning up with a small 2.5HP wet vac and I am sure I have sucked up one or two live primers and a lot of powder, but I clean that thing often.  I will not be using it close to my Dillon's from now on.  Thanks for the info!