Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best scope $1,000 or less

The Lucid L7 gets my vote and it’s what I bought after shooting the C3, Strike Eagle, and Viper. It’s about half the price of the Viper. Granted I’m not a glass snob and shoot more casually, as vs. pro level shooters who aren’t concerned with price to value ratio. The things I most like about the L7: it has MOA rather than BDC markings, the bright blue reticle, the wide field of view, a bit lighter weight vs. the C3 and Viper, and the glass is among the best I’ve found on sub $1k scopes that I’ve tried. Granted, I haven’t seen any really impressive glass on a sub $1k scope, but again I’m not in the market for the best glass. I need it to be clear, bright, and as distortion-free as possible. Here’s a review I found with pics of the reticle http://realisticpreparedness.com/lucid-l7-scope-review/

Edit: forgot to mention the negatives. The caps are trash, and it comes with no battery. These are the only negatives I’ve ever heard about the scope. I don’t have any need to shoot with caps on, so they work for me, as just for protection during storage. I haven’t bought any replacements for them yet. Something to consider including with price if you would want better caps though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I noticed some of the Sig tango 6 1-6x24 can be had for cheap now ($600 range) anyone have experience with them? been trying to read what the differences are considering there are models that cost over twice as much out there but haven't found much.

Edited by Garmil

20 hours ago, Garmil said:

I noticed some of the Sig tango 6 1-6x24 can be had for cheap now ($600 range) anyone have experience with them? been trying to read what the differences are considering there are models that cost over twice as much out there but haven't found much.

I have not seen them that low, even the few used ones for sale. Who is selling them at that price?

Thanks

xdr

Got the tango 6 scope today and had a chance to play with it some alongside a razor 1-6.

Glass quality wise they look very comparable.

Illumination looks identical same size dot and intensity definitely daylight bright and a nice fine dot.

Field of view the Razor has the edge as well as the scope body disappearing a little more from view while looking through it.

For the price some of these are going for I think it's a great buy.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, Garmil said:

Had the prices all been equal this wouldn't have been my first choice but I think it will work fine.

pix102244696.jpg

Wow.   I don't like that reticle, at all.   I'd have a LOT of trouble using that quickly ....   :( 

Goodluck with it.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 12/6/2017 at 7:56 PM, TonytheTiger said:

C-More C3 with discount code: rudyc3

Nothing else in the price range even comes close.

Your welcome.

Tony I just placed an order for the C3 using this 17-month old code and it went through for $815. On their website it says backordered so we'll see if they will fulfill it and I'll let you know. 

Hope you got a commission. 

I think the C3 reticle should be great for 3Gun and usable for general shooting. I do like my front focal plane Pyramid reticle on my long range gun but that's an entirely different mindset. We'll see in practice but I think the BDC will be close with just a nod towards holding a tick high or low once you get dope. 

I've been waiting for one of those proverbial $850 used Razor Gen IIs to pop up but they're like Moby's Dick. 

The other scope I've been considering is the Trijicon Accupower 1-8 since I've liked my 1-4. But if the C3 lives up to the claims I think it's the best bang for buck. 

Edited by Frankly

Well C-More charged my credit card for a back-ordered item, which is not a good thing. They also forgot to charge shipping and while the charge went through there has been no confirmation email. It all seems a bit sketchy and it makes me doubt I could get effective warranty service so I'm about to cancel the charge. 

If anyone sees an $850 Razor II I'm down. Otherwise I'll just continue to use my Trijicon. 

Edited by Frankly

On 3/28/2019 at 11:38 AM, Frankly said:

Well C-More charged my credit card for a back-ordered item, which is not a good thing. They also forgot to charge shipping and while the charge went through there has been no confirmation email. It all seems a bit sketchy and it makes me doubt I could get effective warranty service so I'm about to cancel the charge. 

If anyone sees an $850 Razor II I'm down. Otherwise I'll just continue to use my Trijicon. 

Ask and you shall receive...all three reticles available currently.

http://aaoptics.com/Razor-HD_c_128.html

Edited by fbzero

35 minutes ago, Frankly said:

Thanks... Have you purchased from them before? Does this company have a good reputation? 

I have not, just saw it on the Reddit deal forum after seeing your post earlier and thought I'd pass it on.  Here is a link to the comments.  One guy in the upper part of the discussion says he has ordered from them before and had no issues.  Their FB page has ~30 or so reviews and all seem to be good.  Unfortunately, I don't think there's quite enough reviews and such out there to make you as comfortable as you would be ordering from Brownell's or something like that, but it is what it is.  Sorry I can't be more help!

Just ordered one. I'm not afraid to complain to my credit card company if something's shady but it seems legit. Can't be any worse than buying from random people on eBay or classifieds. 

On 3/28/2019 at 11:38 AM, Frankly said:

That all does sound a bit sketchy....

Do they have a phone number with a human on the far end? Might be worth calling about.

Just ordered one. I'm not afraid to complain to my credit card company if something's shady but it seems legit. Can't be any worse than buying from random people on eBay or classifieds. 

I just ordered the same scope . Cmore has been good in the past hopefully this won’t change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you @fbzero my Razor II arrived just now. First impressions are:

• Heavy but Solid

• Yes that dot is daylight bright, amazing really

• Magnification ring is tight, glad I bought a throw lever but they should just integrate in

• MRAD reticle is great

Now I see why it's 25 ounces, it's worth that and the dollars. It's purpose built for 3Gun and it's a beast. 

For $850 it's well worth it. 

~

I never heard from C-More until I did a complaint with my credit card. The lady was snappy and said my money was refunded and that their email must have gone into my junk folder (which I check). Oh well I have an Astigmatism so my old pistol red dot went away and I won't be dealing with them again. 

IMG_8845.jpg