Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate question

ParsonsWV

I am looking at buying a czechmate to shoot open with. I have been playing with my 2011 and my SP01 tonight and feel that I get a higher grip on the 2011 (sti grip). Is the grame the same on the czechmate and SP01? was just wondering if It the czechmate was undercut more or not. I shoot my SP01 accurately so that's not an issue. Grip just feels a little better on the 2011.

Well I am in the process of finishing my 2011 and wanting to go ahead and start shooting open. I love the SP01 and CZ in general so thinking get the czechmate until 2011 is done and then I will use one or other as main. I am not in this for beating everyone so I am not to concerned with having the back up the same for now. Later on I will probably have some more but for now it's not a big deal to me.

7 hours ago, muncie21 said:

SP01 and czechmate grips are different.  Czmate uses a larger mag and therefore has a slightly larger grip than SP01.

Thank you for that bit of info, Seems finding a lot of info on the czechmate is not the easiest. Should have it ordered in the next couple minutes.

I would personally recommend checking one out at your local match first to make sure that it is what suits you. A lot depends on ones hand size as to what works best. The grip on the CM is thicker though than on the SP-01, as was mentioned. I have medium hands and I prefer the CM. 

1 hour ago, abb1 said:

I would personally recommend checking one out at your local match first to make sure that it is what suits you. A lot depends on ones hand size as to what works best. The grip on the CM is thicker though than on the SP-01, as was mentioned. I have medium hands and I prefer the CM. 

Thanks for the reply. I have small hands. As in my buddies make jokes about the burger king commercials using my hands. I feel a little larger than the SP01 would actually be perfect for me. It should be here in about a week. If for whatever reason I don't like it I will throw it in the safe or sell it for a 2011. I just enjoy CZ products from pistols to rifles so decided to stick with a company I enjoy and trust.

Well I received the czechmate today and it feels great in the hand as expected. Hopefully get out to shoot it this week. Was surprised to see it came with a thumbrest as I hadn't seen that mentioned and other threads asking where to get one for a czechmate.

IMG_2798IMG_2794IMG_2800IMG_2802

Here are some pictures of the Czechmate. If there's anything specific you were wanting to see just let me know and I will work on getting it taken. I am very surprised with how tight the slide to frame fit is on the gun. It takes a little effort to push the slide back onto frame. Best fitting slide and frame I've ever seen on a factory gun. Also, when I had it apart I did a quick wipe down and put some slip 2000 EWG on it and that made racking it a lot smoother than whatever oil came on it from the factory.

Awesome to see that CZ is continuing to apply their incremental development updates to latest production of the Czechmate.  I see the TSO frame undercuts and stippling, and what is at least the third version of the barrel design.

I see holes for a thumb rest, but no thumb rest.  Does one come in the kit?

50 minutes ago, adamge said:

Awesome to see that CZ is continuing to apply their incremental development updates to latest production of the Czechmate.  I see the TSO frame undercuts and stippling, and what is at least the third version of the barrel design.

what developments?

at last something was realized  in cz that their most expensive gun need normal checkering .?

and other things copied from existing acsessories  that already exist at last 20 years.

gun looks awesome.;)

1 hour ago, adamge said:

It did come with a thumb rest. But doesn't fit the smaller holes in the mount? Fits with the 3 mount holes.

Well I went to the indoor range today and put 100 rounds through it. First ammo through was some 115 grain at 1180fps. Cycled great in open configuration and slide locked back on empty. Now the gun was shooting over a foot low and to the left (at 5 yards). After sitting there for 20 minutes trying to find the correct way to adjust the c-more I got it sighted in and shooting one hole groups except maybe a flier here or there. Bought another box of ammo and decided to try 124 grain. Shot just as reliably. I pushed the target out to 15 yards and had to sight it in just a little more as it was shooting to the left a little still. Realized I need more practice with using the c-more as this is my first time ever using a red dot sight on anything. My groups definitely opened up at 15 yards but was starting to concentrate on where to hold the dot in the lens for a steady POI/POA. I am very impressed with the gun so far. Nothing to compare it to in an open gun but it is great to shoot. So now the journey begins into getting better and to a competition to shoot.

OP- Glad to hear that your initial range run went well.  Low/left could be the pistol or the shooter 'milking' the grip.  Happens more often with new glock shooters (ask me how I know :) ) however something to consider.

Ya never mentioned, or I quite possibly missed the  post, what your shooting intentions are for this pistol... Range tool or competition gun?

23 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

OP- Glad to hear that your initial range run went well.  Low/left could be the pistol or the shooter 'milking' the grip.  Happens more often with new glock shooters (ask me how I know :) ) however something to consider.

Ya never mentioned, or I quite possibly missed the  post, what your shooting intentions are for this pistol... Range tool or competition gun?

Competition gun. Found a few places around where I live that shoot USPSA. Just have to get a reloading press and will be able to start going to matches soon. Pretty sure the foot low left was the c-more since my SP-01 shoots true to aim and pretty similar frame/grip. Either way gun is shooting pretty close to where I intend to shoot now haha