Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Building my first pcc

Hello, new poster here. I’m in the process of building my first pcc. Here’s my build list:

- spike’s 9mm glock magazine

- elf 9mm trigger

- magpul fixed stock

- jp scs

- jp complete upper

- trijicon mro

I’m still waiting for the upper to be built. I️ should be getting it by mid December. In the meantime, is there anything else you guys would recommend? Have you guys tried out the spike’s lower? I️ built this for uspsa.

• 2 months later...

Hate to bump this up, but rather do this than make a new topic. I just got a spikes Glock lower as well...just wondering if there are any magwells or extended mag releases for it. I know everything is made for NFA or QC10... And taccom makes a magwell for the spikes colts. Any help would suffice. Also is the taccom barrel any good?

8 hours ago, zeroryde said:

Hate to bump this up, but rather do this than make a new topic. I just got a spikes Glock lower as well...just wondering if there are any magwells or extended mag releases for it. I know everything is made for NFA or QC10... And taccom makes a magwell for the spikes colts. Any help would suffice. Also is the taccom barrel any good?

PM Bmiller (on this forum) he makes magwells for PCC's, he might have one for your lower.

14 hours ago, MikieM said:

Taccom barrels are very good. I've had them all, except the .22 LR, and they are accurate, lightweight. and reasonably priced.

Thanks. Been looking at them but that's all since they've been on backorder. Finally saw one in action during a match last Saturday...but it seemed to jump a lot. I'm assuming the shooter didn't have it tuned with a buffer or had his loads down to minor pf

1 hour ago, zeroryde said:

Thanks. Been looking at them but that's all since they've been on backorder. Finally saw one in action during a match last Saturday...but it seemed to jump a lot. I'm assuming the shooter didn't have it tuned with a buffer or had his loads down to minor pf

What you saw may have been the ULW barrel, and they do jump a bit. As with all things, there are trade-offs. The ULW helps you build a very lightweight carbine, which is preferred by many shooters including myself, but the dot does move more.

Once you get used to the way the gun recoils the dot is back on target by the time you are ready for the next shot, anyway.

Edited by MikieM