Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belt recommendation for Tanfo Elite Limited

kwelhand

Recently, I was lucky enough to acquire excellent condition 9mm Elite Limited & Ghost one holster at a fair price.

Now, I need a competition type of belt that's stiff yet comfortable and could accommodate both heavy Elite Limited pistol & Ghost One holster.

I'm not entering into any shooting competition yet but perhaps down the road w/ lots of practice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Can't go wrong with Double Alpha.  

You could even find used ones.  There are quite a few brands out there, all will do the job, but Double Alpha is a solid pick.  

If you're set on buying one new, then get a Double Alpha.  If you don't really care to buy new, then check the classifieds and I'm sure someone will be selling a good belt (probably Double Alpha).  

I've used quite a few brands out there, including Ghost, etc.  Honestly, they all do the job for me (I shoot Prod, so have a heavy setup with many mag pouches + mags).  If you're looking into going into 3G and shooting the same pistol, you could ponder on the Safariland belt systems that are more modular.  

On 11/9/2017 at 11:09 PM, kwelhand said:

I'm not entering into any shooting competition yet but perhaps down the road w/ lots of practice.

Dude, you need to do it sooner, rather than later. You will not regret it!

1. Get belt and rig set up. 

2. Go to match

3. Winning at life

On 11/9/2017 at 10:09 PM, kwelhand said:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Buy the gear, and go shoot a match. No matter how much you practice, you’ll still finish in last place or close to it because you’re not used to the pressure. We’ve had novices who “practiced up” for a full year and ones who have only held a gun a dozen times. They both finish about the same.

Embrace that, and go shoot and have fun! If you want to get better at shooting USPSA you can’t do it at home until you know what a match is like.

You’re wasting opportunities to get better. And to have fun. Life is short!

16 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Buy the gear, and go shoot a match. No matter how much you practice, you’ll still finish in last place or close to it because you’re not used to the pressure. We’ve had novices who “practiced up” for a full year and ones who have only held a gun a dozen times. They both finish about the same.

Embrace that, and go shoot and have fun! If you want to get better at shooting USPSA you can’t do it at home until you know what a match is like.

Ain’t that the truth.

On 11/16/2017 at 7:10 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

PREACH IT!