Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha

HerdThinner

They just ran a Labor Day special. It was 5% off anything and 10% off orders above $150 or something like that, don't quote me on that, just trying to recall from memory.  I am not sure if they ran a Black Friday special last year but I am betting they did and probably will this year.

HT, I have both.  If you use a stiff belt the Alpha-X does not even touch your leg.  I use mine with a 2011 Open gun loaded with a big stick, and it still does not touch my leg.  I can wear it over any style pants.  The older Racemaster does touch your leg, because it has a leg pad.  You cannot wear it with cargo style shorts because the leg pad hangs up on the lower pocket when you bend down.

One note.  if you use a large thumb rest, you may have to trim it for the Alpha-X.  The part that grips the belt is thicker than the older version.

7 hours ago, zzt said:

HT, I have both.  If you use a stiff belt the Alpha-X does not even touch your leg.  I use mine with a 2011 Open gun loaded with a big stick, and it still does not touch my leg.  I can wear it over any style pants.  The older Racemaster does touch your leg, because it has a leg pad.  You cannot wear it with cargo style shorts because the leg pad hangs up on the lower pocket when you bend down.

One note.  if you use a large thumb rest, you may have to trim it for the Alpha-X.  The part that grips the belt is thicker than the older version.

That answered all my worries.  Thank you. I appreciate the info.  Now I just need to wait for a sale.  Oh ya and my 2011 limited gun anytime this month.  

• 2 weeks later...

Try this.  Create an account, log in, and add what you're interested in to your shopping cart.  Then close your browser and walk away.  I did that and received an e-mail with a discount code for 5% off.  A lot of e-commerce sites do that.

• 1 month later...