Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Me Screwing Up The Star

Harmon

I wouldn't call one extra shot scewing up the star. Methinks you were leaning right trying to lean the bullets into that center popper ;)

thats what im thinking...i was also thinking the recoil pushed me out of my stance.

i think you messed up the middle pp not the star.

lynn

Touche...

As far as my eye dominance, i shoot with my right eye, but way way back in 1987 when i was learning how to shoot a 22 pistol, i can remember shooting with my left eye. then i switched to my right eye and havent looked back...though now and again my left eye wants to pick up the sights...especially with an open gun :huh:

I would bend my knees a bit...get a little aggressive in the stance.

It also looks like your right foot might be pointed inside of the star. I like to point my toes to the outside of the targets. If not, you have to get out over the top of your feet...no leverage...less stable stance.

I think you did pretty well with the star, The first time I shot the Star I had to do a standing reload ( don't know if Lynn remebers it- NTPS). After I was done, the gun was red hot, somebody commented if I needed a bucket of water to cool the gun down. We all broke out in laughter.

The 1st time I did a star, not only did I have to do a flat-footed reload, but I spent eight rounds trying to get the last plate as it slowly swung back and forth at the bottom.

My problem is the only time I get to see a star is in a match. I have no way to practice it.

harmongreer

I don’t know about the stance but I have an idea what the problem was.

It looks like you hit the first popper right off, and really fast. This gave you confidence that you could hit all of the other big poppers without much effort. Obviously, the focus of this stage was the texas star and you wanted to get to the star as fast as possible and in doing so you just didn’t stop to put a good hit on each popper.

I catch myself doing this all of the time because my mind tells me, “it’s such an easy shot that you can’t miss” and I end up missing because I don’t see my sights or control the trigger correctly. I just start shooting at the steel instead of shooting the steal.

i did that at the last club match. thankfully the wind blew a popper over while i was shooting!

EeeK 3 no-shoots!

thanks flex...when i was shooting that match, it was only 10,000 degrees outside...i probably was thinking about that bottle of water in the gun bag instead of actually shooting.