Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to Tanfoglio and USPSA

Kamkaze

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, DenverDave said:

I am putting up pictures so you can compare the new Stock 1 to the Stock III and Stock II
I do NOT claim to be an Expert....I just know what I like and do not like...so here are my thoughts.

My take on it:

The Stock 1 is the same size as a Stock II.  But overall, what is, is a shortened Stock III

Finish:  It is more of a matte finish ....it is not shiny like the Stock III

It has a unique front strap and back strap grip pattern, that I found works for me....I like it. (but the front grip will grab cloth like the rear slide serrations)  

It does not have a over travel screw like the Stock III

It does not have a ambi safety  and the safety has been trimmed down.  I am pretty sure this is to make it fit in the IDPA box. 

I like the front and rear serrations both make it easy to manipulate the slide.

The hammer is the same hammer as the Stock II.
The rear sight is interesting....being used to the Tanfoglio Super Sight that is on the Stock II and Stock III, I found the Stock I sight to be unusual. I plan to upgrade it to a fiber optic front sight and see how it goes. 

The SA trigger is very nice (IMO) and very comparable to what the Stock III and Stock II are out of the box.
The DA trigger to me seems a little lighter than the  Stock III and Stock II out of the box. It is smooth and stacks up at the end before it breaks. (I got a 5 pull average of 7lbs 4oz...but it feels a little heavier than that to me.)

Overall I LOVE this gun.
I am considering putting a Vortex Viper on it and running it in Carry Optic.

In a nutshell.....to me it is a Stock III with a fashion upgrade and shortened by 1/2  with the goal to make weight and fit in the box of IDPA.
And hopefully make weight for USPSA Carry Optic without any mods to make it lighter.

Definitely worth the money. 
(please do not critique my 3 shot group picture...I am blind in one eye and can't see out the other)

3 TFs-Right Side-labled.JPG

3 TFs-Left Side.JPG

Great write up! Thanks for the info!

I am considering getting one of these for a IDPA legal back up gun to my limited pro (since they are now hard to come by)

1 hour ago, ClintMorris said:

Great write up! Thanks for the info!

I am considering getting one of these for a IDPA legal back up gun to my limited pro (since they are now hard to come by)

When I get mine back from PD Im going to compare it to a friends Lim Pro.

27 minutes ago, yigal said:

why  this tan.  has  very  enlarged ejection port?

only half of first lug  and second  hold stress. the gun looks awesome  but from side of ejection port :unsure:

In the picture i see, the ejection ports look identical. Can you please elaborate?

Tell me what you want for pictures....I am assuming ejection port on the Stock 1 vs Stock III ?
Tell me what you want and I will pull them out of the safe and take some pics.

(My whole point of this post is.......I had to buy one sight unseen.....I am just trying to get the info out there everyone wants on this gun....just let me know how I can help)

59 minutes ago, yigal said:

why  this tan.  has  very  enlarged ejection port?

only half of first lug  and second  hold stress. the gun looks awesome  but from side of ejection port :unsure:

Im confused by this, in the pictures above the stock I, II and III all seem to have the same sized ejection port. 

37 minutes ago, Alderleet said:

The stock 1 is large frame, correct?

What is the finish like, hows does it feel? Does it seem durable?

Yes it is large frame, I think it feels very similar to the stock 3, the finger grooves are very subtle and the "checkering" is less aggressive.  It seems just as durable as the other tanfos

• 3 weeks later...

Bolo

Titan hammer

single-piece sear

dawson front sight

Guide rod

a bunch of springs

more polishing and fitting than you might beleive.

The Stock 1/2/3 is an easy gun to make sexy when you toss a box of Patriot goodies at it, and a couple of evenings worth of time. The recipe is very “tried and true” at this point.

On 9/26/2017 at 7:55 PM, yigal said:

o.k.

but i saw pic. 9x19 with the same type port.

if somebody will order tan. and want port like on cz how to define it to Massimo tan.?

Hi,

If you want the "smaller" ejection port opening and full utilization of all the locking lugs you have to specify that you want a small frame Tanfoglio.