Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bumped to open...time for new mags

kcobean

2 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

How'd the chrono work?

Hahaha, Oh the Troll is strong with this one...

You see we (The Match Staff) found an issue with the power and rather then being unfair to some shooters, we pulled the firing of rounds over the chrono, and allowed the rules to work in the shooters favor, but that is not what you want to hear now is it.  You want there is be some big issue that we are not willing to talk about, but like at the match and now here on Enos the truth is easy to tell.  

You may want to open a rule book and read Appendix C2, 21.  

Not my Monkey, not my circus.

Nothing in life is perfect.

My apologizes for making comments.

I truly do appreciate the hard work of any match staff.

Lets let it alone. 

Again appreciate everyone's hard work

I'll be the first to admit, it was very hard to accept the bump knowing that with a few ounces of pressure (just enough to take the slack out of the basepad/tube interface) it would pass.  That little bit of slop offered no competitive benefit...it didn't allow an extra round to fit in the mag (and blah blah blah blah...all the shit you say when you're getting bumped and your brain wants to fight it).  But at the end of the day, the Chrono officer was following the rules and I am responsible for my gear, so Open it was.   The A8 MD was kind enough to send me his gauge so that I can tune/check my mags and I'm going to buy some new mags or at least new basepads anyway because these are pretty beat up after several years of being dropped in the rocks.  

I was really just looking for people's preferences on mags now that we have viable options with MBX in the mix.

18 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Not my Monkey, not my circus.

Nothing in life is perfect.

My apologizes for making comments.

I truly do appreciate the hard work of any match staff.

Lets let it alone. 

Again appreciate everyone's hard work

Thank you.  A lot of hard work went into this and all matches.

On 8/31/2017 at 5:04 PM, jcc7x7 said:

Seems like there should have been some more thought involved when "so many" mags with standard set ups "where oversize!"

Were there "so many" mags with standard set ups "oversized" in 2015 and 2016?  

Same guy was working chrono as this year.

SO all four of my SV mags take finger pressure to fit, take the slack out of the baseplate.  Using Taran Tactical baseplates.  In fact just because the base pad end is heavy it pivots on the guage so some finger pressure is needed to make it lay flat. 

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 4:18 PM, kcobean said:

I'll be the first to admit, it was very hard to accept the bump knowing that with a few ounces of pressure (just enough to take the slack out of the basepad/tube interface) it would pass.  That little bit of slop offered no competitive benefit...it didn't allow an extra round to fit in the mag (and blah blah blah blah...all the shit you say when you're getting bumped and your brain wants to fight it).  But at the end of the day, the Chrono officer was following the rules and I am responsible for my gear, so Open it was.   The A8 MD was kind enough to send me his gauge so that I can tune/check my mags and I'm going to buy some new mags or at least new basepads anyway because these are pretty beat up after several years of being dropped in the rocks.  

I was really just looking for people's preferences on mags now that we have viable options with MBX in the mix.

SO all four of my SV mags take finger pressure to fit, take the slack out of the baseplate.  Using Taran Tactical baseplates.  In fact just because the base pad end is heavy it pivots on the guage so some finger pressure is needed to make it lay flat. 

An official mag gauge can be had for $35 and free shipping from Dawson. It's a cheap way to ensure your mags are compliant. Most 2011 mags only take a little bit of filing on the back of the feed lips to pass. For the cost of replacing one basepad, you could get all of your mags back to compliance.

If you end up replacing your basepads though, let me know.

On August 30, 2017 at 11:26 AM, darkvibe said:

A little birdie told me MBX mags were failing the gauge at area 8.

Edit: I don't mean to sound like ALL MBX mags failed, but I understand a lot of people who failed had MBX mags.

All my MBX mags fit just fine. My base pad for my start mag is all hammered up too. Nothing a file can't fix though. I was one of the few who made it to chrono before it broke. I made 169pf