Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OAL with Colt Mags

Good to know. I'm having two or three FTF's with every mag full. It's a QC10 lower, QC10 bolt (weight removed), Taccom barrel, Blitzkrieg buffer and 308 carbine length spring. I'm loading plated 124 RN's to 128pf and 1.14".

Hello: I load to 1.140-1.145". One thing to look at is the chamfer on the barrel. If it is too small it will not feed very well. Another to check is if the bolt is rubbing on the ejector(look for a shinny spot). Lastly, try a 223 spring in that setup or up your power factor to 134-138. Thanks, Eric

5 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I load to 1.140-1.145". One thing to look at is the chamfer on the barrel. If it is too small it will not feed very well. Another to check is if the bolt is rubbing on the ejector(look for a shinny spot). Lastly, try a 223 spring in that setup or up your power factor to 134-138. Thanks, Eric

Thanks for the info. The mags seemed a little shorter than what I'm used to with Glock and MPX mags, so I wanted to make sure the nose of the rounds weren't dragging on the way up. I've got a QC10 barrel coming to see if that's the problem. I'm pretty sure the ejector is clearing the bolt, but will double check it today. I feel that the bolt/buffer weight and spring are in the sweet spot looking at ejection pattern, the bolt locks open, minimal dot movement and quick return to point of aim...but if the new barrel doesn't stop the problem, I'll look there next.

Thanks, Jimmy