Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Area-1 Championship

Looks like the STAGES have been posted.

Upside down (2.1.8.4) targets on stages 10 and 12? And they're bringing back the "dummy" from Marysville 2001 on stage 10!

???????????? What upside down targets???????????????/

T1 on both stages 10 and 12 are right side up.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the STAGES have been posted.

Upside down (2.1.8.4) targets on stages 10 and 12? And they're bringing back the "dummy" from Marysville 2001 on stage 10!

???????????? What upside down targets???????????????/

T1 on both stages 10 and 12 are right side up.

Nevermind! ;) I don't know how I "saw" heads on those!

I'll probably do squadding the "old fashioned way", sometime after the entry cut-off. Tom, if you have particular requests, let me know and I'll do the best I can to accomodate them.

Bruce

Ya keep laughing...:)

Those girls can really throw a guy for a loop. When I asked if anybody had a file, I was handed a nail file! Then I was told me to make sure I wore matchng earings the next day.

They sure smelled better than my usual squad mates (no offense Steve).

We wanted to get a picture of Tom in the shackles with the rest of this squad surrounding him...but he wouldn't go for it. :wacko:

this is as close as we got:

PICT0787.jpg

Edited by SteveZ

At least you didn't get a new name out of it. When Robin Taylor and Yamil Sued shot with the Ladies at the 2000 LimNats, they got renamed (IIRC) "Roxy" and "Jasmine"... and those names stuck for a good long time

B)

B

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got it confirmed that Dave Sevigny will be teaching a one day class in Dundee, OR on June 15. For those unfamiliar with the area Dundee is about 1/2 hour from Tri-County Gun Club. This will be a great opportunity to tune up with a World Champion before the match and a chance to get some great instruction from one of the best shooters in the world. The class will be $250.00 for the day and will be limited to no more than 10 students. There are only five openings left in the class now. If anyone is interested in participating contact me as soon as possible so we can get you on the list. The slots will not last long.

Thanks,

Chuck Anderson

There are only two slots left for the Dave Sevigny Class. Now's the time if you want in.

Info from Dave regarding class, "We’ll cover a lot in one day and shoot several drills I use to train for practical shooting sports. If space allows for it, I like to set up two drills angled away from each other in the same pit. You’ll run a drill twice in a row in some cases. This maximizes the number of rounds fired and minimizes downtime between shooters. Some other drills may allow for up to three at a time and others will have to be one at a time. However it goes, plan on firing 700+ rounds. It will be fun for everyone and I look forward to working with you guys. "

• 4 weeks later...

From the Area 1 Championship website:

There will be food vendors on the range providing breakfast, lunch, and snacks during the match. The main food concession is a not for profit organization (Aid for Retarded People), so we are encouraging the competitors eat at the range.

Aid for Retarded People? Somehow I don't think this was supposed to make it onto the website.

Could be, but a google search turned up nothing and I can't imagine an organization naming themselves that. It's just not the PC way of saying things that we're all accustomed to. Anyway, I'm happy my food dollars will go to a good cause.

Anyway, back to the match. The website says that competitors will not be required to work a stage. So who do they have resetting the stages? Or do competitors work half the day, then shoot half the day? Anyone know? Chuck?

Sorry, I've been away at Area 6. The food vendor is the Alliance for Retarded Citizens, (ARC of Washington County). A Google search should pull them up. They provide assistance with education, housing and generally aid the quality of life for retarded persons. If you don't think it's PC, maybe you could bring it up with them at the match. They have a professional setup for catering and it sounds like it should work out very well. They will also be selling soda and drinks provided by Pepsi at no cost. The proceeds from these sales will be split between the non-profit and the Columbia Cascade Junior program. The Junior program is sending about 6 juniors to the Nationals in Tulsa.

As far as working a stage. We will have Stage CRO's and hopefully RO's as well. Competitors will have to tape and set steel on most stages. We're working on a deal to have the Explorers from my Sheriff's Office work the range as well to assist with this but it's not confirmed yet.

I'll check on the RV parking. I know there used to be a camping area at the range but I'm not sure if it's accessible since they re-did the range.

I just got off the phone with Chris Lynch with AlumaGrips. In addition to sending some very nice hats and certificates good for product, AlumaGrips is making a cash donation to the match as well. The extra money will go to the winner of the Single Stack Division. The winner of Single Stack will receive $250.00 in cash in addition to a trip to the prize table. Right now there are a bunch of folks registered for L-10 but very few in Single Stack. Might be a good idea to dust off some 8 round mags and shoot the new division.