Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2- black nitride in stock anywhere

Ldogg

I've asked in numerous places online and no one has ever proven to me with a photo that a nitride frame S2 is available in a store for sale.  Maybe some factory-linked shooters have them, but that doesn't help the rest of us that would be interested in one.  So far as I an tell, all the black S2s sold in stores are polycoat.

Just a reminder that all Shadow 2's have a nitride finish, the black grip model simply has a polycoat finish over the nitride. 

Thank you, I saw a thread on another forum today that educated me to this. That may help put an end to my search. Thank you

I've asked in numerous places online and no one has ever proven to me with a photo that a nitride frame S2 is available in a store for sale.  Maybe some factory-linked shooters have them, but that doesn't help the rest of us that would be interested in one.  So far as I an tell, all the black S2s sold in stores are polycoat.

Great, thank you. This matches what most shops have told me. Thanks again

I don't know where you are located, but Target World in Cincinnati Ohio has one in their gun case right now for $1112. 

I resisted temptation...  

No dice, it was the poly coat version but thank you for keeping an eye out. And I gotta tell you, the guy that answered the phone was super nice. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them based solely on that !

Huh?  I think you are looking for something that doesn't exist. 

The black version has polycoat applied over the nitride, according to the CZ Catalog.  

I scanned my copy of the current CZ catalog page, and posted it here:  

http://photos.imageevent.com/ken6ppc/misc/Shadow II in CZ Catalog.JPG (If you can't read the text, click on the image, and it should enlarge...)  

Read the part where is says, "MODEL VARIANTS: CZ Shadow 2 Black"  

Or, are you looking for the one with the blue grips?  I don't think it has a polycoat over the nitride.  

Edited by Ken6PPC

Ken, my fault for a misleading original post. I am looking for sku 91256 which is the black nitride only (no poly coat on this one) and the blue grips. It seems like only a few of these have been imported so far so i am more or less looking for something that doesn't readily exist! Thanks again for the help