Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone know what time does the match end on the last day? I am trying to see if I can go because I need to be back Sunday night.

I seem to recall that the Sunday stages are done ~ noon. There were 4 time slots on Sunday morning where you would shoot a stage every other slot. Then you have the sniveling hour and then the awards/prize table walk. I imagine it will all be over by 1600 or so.

Anybody know different? (You out there Barb?)

Don't count on being out of there early. Sometimes the match is on time. Other years it's been dark as we're leaving. If you're just planning on shooting and leaving 1400 should be safe for getting off the range. If you wanna stick around for the prizes, I'd plan on a 2200 flight.

HEY YOU GUYS...

My computer is on the fritz & I've been out of the office - so no computer for the past week - ugh!

Regarding the stage times - here is a heads up schedule (11 stages + chrono):

Thursday - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm registration at the RSSC Activity Center.

Friday AND Saturday:

1) 6:50 am - 7:45 am

2) 7:45 am - 8:40 am

3) 8:40 am - 9:35 am

4) 9:35 am - 10:30 am

5) 10:30 am - 11:25 am

LUNCH 11:25 am - 12:25 pm

6) 12:25 pm - 1:20 pm

7) 1:20 pm - 2:15 pm

8) 2:15 pm - 3:10 pm

9) 3:10 pm - 4:05 pm

10) 4:05 pm - 5:00 pm

Sunday:

1) 6:50 am - 7:45 am

2) 7:45 am - 8:40 am

3) 8:40 am - 9:35 am

4) 9:35 am - 10:30 am

Compile Stats - post - one hour protest period (probably until 1:00)

Lunch 10:30 am - 12:30 pm

Approx 1:00 pm prize table starts until done... approx 4 - 5 hours???

I have received 190 applications in 3 days - before today's mail (8/5). I have been calling people to let them know they're in because my email is down. I have 58 calls from left over from yesterday's mail.

I will try to catch up on the calling this weekend. It looks like there will be a waiting list so please don't make travel arrangements before you receive a confirmation call.

A2Chic :ph34r:

Lights? I sure could've used some lights last year. Maybe a couple bays have lights, but the stage I shot last year as cars were leaving the range with their LIGHTS ON was not fun (4 mikes). :(

I have received 190 applications in 3 days - before today's mail (8/5).  I have been calling people to let them know they're in because my email is down.  I have 58 calls from left over from yesterday's mail.

A2Chic  :ph34r:

Thanks for calling! I was taken by surprise to have such kindness to be personally told I am IN. ;)

Barb,

Thanks from me also. I really can't comprehend what it would be like to "have to make 190 phone calls".

You Rock!

Chuck

PS: I am thinking chocolate right now  :D

I hope that ALL Ya'll are thinking chocolate. My computer is up and running - Yee-Ha!!! For those that haven't sent in your app before today, I would expect that you may be on a waiting list. In that case, I would not make travel arrangements until after you know you're in. I will call all ya'll - even if it's with sad news.

This is a great compliment that you all are sending our way (AZ). The Rio Salado Desert Classic is a "class-act" and you're all the ones that come back year after year. Having the Classic run under the guidance of a committee certainly helps things run smoothly. Many local shooters that live in the Mesa area have moved here to shoot year 'round.

What's gonna happen when the A2 is at another location? Will you all still shoot the Desert Classic? I hope so...

TTFN,

A2Chic :ph34r: (only 27 more calls to make...)

A2chic,

As a former A2 member, (Left CA in 96) Rio Salado has set the standard for the A2 Championship. If the match ever leaves Rio Salado, I would hope that your model is followed.

Thanks to the whole A2 staff.

Alan