Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 Lighting Product

Forgive me if this has been posted before but quick search and I didn't see it.

I was stumbling around looking for a 1050 something or other and I came across Reloading Innovations who has a very nice LED lighting system for the toolhead of a 1050. It is a very nicely designed PCB with 8 white LED's that clips to the underside of the toolhead. Power connector is rear facing and power supply and switch are included. $50. I couldn't order one fast enough.

Installation was simple enough though I wish the power supply cable was longer. I haven't loaded with it yet but boy, this floods the work area like all get out. I have a gooseneck LED light mounted on the left side on bullet tray bracket and that thing is now retired.

BTW, just noticed web site lists a 5 ft power cord extension.

startlight-light-dillon-1050-bottom-view

startlight-light-dillon-1050-kit_1024x10

Edited by mcracco

Awesome product. I've already replaced or added them to every 1050 head I own. Like the fact I was able to buy multi-packs without the power supplies. Smart. Customer service is outstanding as well.

Purchased one of their low profile bearing kits. Before I could install it, received an email there were some issues with the material used for a 3D printed part and they would be sending replacements. Sure enough 2 days later I received an envelope with the new pieces.

That is how you create customer loyalty and boy-howdy you better believe I'll be back as often as I can.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too, added the light some weeks ago and have been totally happy with the gear and the way above normal customer service with all their products including the spill stops. I now trim or load 223 at max speed on my 1050 Mark 7 Pro wonderfully. Really makes reloading smooth.

P.S.- I also use the zip tie mods from powder drop to bullet drop to bullet seat stations.

• 2 weeks later...

I trie

On 8/6/2017 at 11:43 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

Look between the brass locator buttons. Very simple trick:

I tried the zip tie method, and son of a perch, it worked very nicely.

Thanks.

57 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

Go on Immortal Arms website, they have a spring kit and a video that shows them all

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

+1 for Immortal Arms.  They have a spring kit that takes care of a couple of issues.  And a few other things that will help your reloading too. ;)

RE the zip tie trick, that sorta works, but adding their Spill Stop did more to prevent bullet tip than the zip ties have.

Also, on the light, I had to secure the power plug with a couple of zip ties to keep it from being worked out.

Helps prevent double feeds

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

^^^this... I'm actually surprised Double Alpha hasn't come out with a permanent fix. It makes an appreciable difference especially when loading something like a 147 grain 9MM truncated cone that's prone to double feeding in the MBF.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk