Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New Xd Tactical

Loves2Shoot

This thing rocks!!! I fit a 1911 tunsten guide rod, dropped in an 14 lb spring, welded up the trigger bow to remove some of the take up, bent up the trigger springs to make them reasonable (3 lbs), re-cut and polished the sear and firing pin, blacked out the sights. Slap on some grip tape and this thing is going to be a sweet production gun.

It freaking rocks!!! 3 - 30 points runs on bang and clang 2.43, 2.55 and 2.59 the first time shooting it with the enhancement (third time total) out of a $20 Uncle Mike's holster.

If anyone knows where you can find lighter weight trigger springs drop me a note, I know this trigger can get even better. Any tricks out there?

Kudos to Springfield :wub:

XD9405.jpg

But is black, if I do one for real it will be green and hardcromed by Tripp.

Steve, the 14 works like a champ. I had to adjust all the mags so the bullets came up higher and didn't nose into the ramp.

I called Barsto and they said 3-5 weeks for the trigger stuff and $150-200 buck, versus free :)

All the mods are legal for USPSA according to my understanding.

If I ever do production for real I'll get one done right but I don't want to spend $1600 on a XD right now, beside this one does pretty well so far :)

L2S,

If you're going to (already at?) A-1, you need to bring that sucker with you.  I have got to see this.

E

I won't be at Area 1, I'll be at the Single Stack Classic, Crazy Croc, Area 1 3-gun, Columbia Cascade Championship (if I can shoot it in one day) and the Oregon State Championship. You can always take a fishin' trip, we have lots of river and lakes :)

BTW I'm a scooper and it works for me ;) Must be those Scott grips :) and hundreds of thousand of draws.

BTW I'm a scooper and it works for me ;) Must be those Scott grips :) and hundreds of thousand of draws.

Infidel! Heretic! I have true religion now and if you don't convert, you can't be my friend. ;)

Scott grip?!!! Mon Dieu! I'll bet you put the Grip of the Infidel onto that STI I sold you too, you scoundrel!

BTW, not scooping is the new Trique du Jour for me. It might turn into the Trique du Semaine or deux, but it's helping me focus on my grip/index for today. (The sig line is to give PK a laugh.)

Eric- It is a tad longer. I guess that make it "tactical." About 1/2-3/4" I'd guess.

EricW - The STI is now a safe queen for a friend of mine, but she is much purtier (she had a trip to Virgil Tripp.) I would never cross breed a STI though with and SVI ;) I like my SVI's they way they are :)

Steve, the 14 works like a champ. I had to adjust all the mags so the bullets came up higher and didn't nose into the ramp.

Mmmmm. really? wow. That's really a news. Even Robbie said 17lb (is that? Stock weight) is needed to make gun work reliably. Please update report how well it works. I am very curious since I am to recieve my one from Canyon Creek today! Yay.

I think you could get a nicely tuned XD for around $1000. That is how much I have into mine after sending it to Canyon Creek. I am moving up. I have the scores to hit C, and in another month should be close to going B in production.

The 14lb is working so far, don't have enough rounds through it to call it bullet proof. I have had 4 failures to feed, but that may have been the mags.

$1000??? I've got $565 into mine (plus a few hours of tinkering though to figure out how the bugger works) Very nicely designed. I call it my Glock, Sig, 1911 gun :)

I'm sure your is better done, but if it shoots 100%+ classifiers the first time shooting it with the mods, it will be sufficient for me :) This gun is a realtively inexpensive gun that can take you to GM with very little mods. If it holds up to being used, I'll buy me a couple more.

FWIW, In my Canyon Creek tuned 9x19 tactical I am running a 15lb ISMI spring, and shoot the spring until I get a misfire, which is the spring too weak to close the slide into battery. That is when you change springs :ph34r: ..... I believe I was told that 18lbers are best for .40 tacticals, but call Rich to make sure. I go through recoil springs faster than with a 1911, but man is the gun soft, and my controlled pairs at 7yds touch! Just put a new spring in at a major match and have a few spares with you, you'll be fine.

I handled and dry-fired a guy's Custom Shop XD-40 this weekend. I laughed out loud because the trigger was so good. Better than a Vanek Glock.

I handled a friend's XD with a trigger job from Canyon Creek. It was unbelievable! Much better than any Glock trigger I've owned or felt :(

If it only pointed like a Glock . . .

This thing rocks!!! I fit a 1911 tunsten guide rod, dropped in an 14 lb spring, welded up the trigger bow to remove some of the take up, bent up the trigger springs to make them reasonable (3 lbs), re-cut and polished the sear and firing pin, blacked out the sights. Slap on some grip tape and this thing is going to be a sweet production gun.

It freaking rocks!!! 3 - 30 points runs on bang and clang 2.43, 2.55 and 2.59 the first time shooting it with the enhancement (third time total) out of a $20 Uncle Mike's holster.

If anyone knows where you can find lighter weight trigger springs drop me a note, I know this trigger can get even better. Any tricks out there?

Kudos to Springfield  :wub:

Loves2shoot,

Can you go into a little more detail on the trigger mod's you did?

Thanks,

spankymac

Loves2shoot,

Can you go into a little more detail on the trigger mod's you did?

Thanks,

spankymac

I did some welding to take up the slack and reduce the travel, cleaned up and reduced the sear/hammer engagement, and took a tad off the firing pin spring.

I DON'T KNOW HOW SMART ANY OF THIS WAS, but it works (so far) :)

I really want to find some lighter springs, if anyone has a line on these let me know.