Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"ladder" Steel Target

Garrett

Has anyone ever seen a steel target like this one before? Look at the vertical "post" with the two plates on the far left of the picture.

DSC03096.jpg

Each time a plate is shot, it flips to the other side of the post and falls down one notch. With two plates like what is shown here, it would require 15 hits to get the plates to drop off the bottom of the post. I thought it was a pretty ingeneous target.

I don't know who makes it, though.

You can see a video here.

Wow ... Looks like great fun...

but in the world are they shooting 3 round burst at the tree...

#2 shooter with a slicened mp5 spent a mag and half at it..

Oh well guess if you have to ammo to play..

Then have Fun...

I like the target system as it would give a new shooter

the ability to transfer a moving sight picture to a small degree.

and teaching a younger shooter (my 6 year daughter) would

love to know when they(she) hit the target..

Do you know who the maker of the Target System is ???

Wow ... Looks like great fun...

but in the world are they shooting 3 round burst at the tree...

#2 shooter with a slicened mp5  spent a mag and half at it..

Yeah, that was at the Indianna State Subgun Championship, held last weekend. It's a lot like IPSC with full-autos. This year, the stages were 100% falling steel targets, but they have used paper IPSC targets in the past.

DSC03188.jpg

There are more pictures and vids at issmc.com.

I was temped to bring my Para racegun and see if I could try shooting with that after everyone was done. As it turned out, there was a lot of time while waiting for scores to be finalized, and I'm sure they would let me. I'll have to try that next year.

One part of the match that was a hit was the final array of targets on the "bridge" stage. There were 8 or 10 "popper-like" targets. The shooter was required to shoot them all in a single long burst (rather than single shots, or short bursts). The shooter was penalized for stopping the burst except for reloads or malfunctions. It was challenging, but possible, to get them all in one magazine. Check out this vid to see how it was done.

Yeah, A target company in the mid west makes that .......there was one in the shotgun match at Ontaulanee today. Send me an email or a pm and I will return the email address so you can make contact. Regards, Karl @ GT

Chris Martin from the Boston area was selling these targets for the company over the last 2 years. I do not know the name of the target maker only the sales contact. I will contact Chris and try to have him post here so any interested shooters can have easy access. Regards, Karl @ GT

Chris Martin from the Boston area was selling these targets for the company over the last 2 years.    I do not know the name of the target maker only the sales contact.  I will contact Chris and try to have him post here so any interested shooters can have easy access.    Regards, Karl @ GT

I would also like to nnknow , that looks like a lot of fun. :wacko:

I just talked to Chris. The target is made by Mid West Target......... is called the Swing & Drop 9, the cost is in the 650.00 range. Try a google search for Mid West and you will find it.

Regards, Karl @ GT

This looks like a very fun target, but is out of my budget for practice targets. I don't believe this would be a legal target for USPSA since all steel must fall to score (hummm, could falling 6" and becoming another target be considered falling?????)