Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help finding an elite gold team 9mm

Hey folks. I could use some help finding an elite gold team 9mm open gun. I ordered the gun one night and it had to be cancelled because of faulty inventory system. Then placed a couple more orders at other places. Same story. Would anyone know of where a 2014-2016 may be hiding? Model number 600066. Unfortunately i purchased everything for the 9mm open gun already, it was a few days before it was cancelled so i though it was on the way, and now have no gun to put it on. If you direct me to a gun store that actually has one in stock and i'm able to purchase, i'll send you a $20 finders fee via paypal [emoji14]

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, darthdively said:

If any of you have any other suggestions, still open to see them in case this place doesnt work out.

Out of curiosity, since you're set on 9 - what's your load data?

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

:ph34r:    Don't go 38SC, go 9mm.   Trust me ...

What was your load data, PF, and pressure curve?

If, in fact, you were running the V12 in 9, this could get interesting real quick.

42 minutes ago, DesertTortoise said:

Couple days ago I watched a dude throw out his back on a stage and then hobble around picking up his 38SC 

Go 9 Major and never pick up brass again

Are you speaking from experience with a V12 GT in 9? 

I am.

Edited by SoCalShooter69

25 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@SoCalShooter69 I'm assuming all the ports in the V12 make it a seriously sketchy prospect to get enough gas and velocity out of the gun to make PF and give the comp/barrel holes enough to work with?

Yup.

He can make PF... but he'll be flowing primers, bulging cases, and riding the odds of a Vegas bathroom slot machine in regards to pressure spike. 

He thinks because his buddy is an experienced open shooter, it's okay, (I mean that with all due respect, not trying to be a d**k). Unless his buddy has experience with a V12 or a Akai w/ a ton of popples, I'd recommend he stay in his lane and get in touch with someone that does have experience w a V12, etc.

The only way to safely run a gold team in 9mm, is to get a 6" barrel from eaa, chop it, thread a comp. and run a handful of poples/comp.

32 minutes ago, SoCalShooter69 said:

Yup.

He can make PF... but he'll be flowing primers, bulging cases, and riding the odds of a Vegas bathroom slot machine in regards to pressure spike. 

He thinks because his buddy is an experienced open shooter, it's okay, (I mean that with all due respect, not trying to be a d**k). Unless his buddy has experience with a V12 or a Akai w/ a ton of popples, I'd recommend he stay in his lane and get in touch with someone that does have experience w a V12, etc.

The only way to safely run a gold team in 9mm, is to get a 6" barrel from eaa, chop it, thread a comp. and run a handful of poples/comp.

This man speaks the truth, the amount of gas the barrel and brake bleed from a 9mm is outragous. You really have to run super hot loads to make PF....... I have a 38SC V12 and it's about 8-9PF below what a comparable open gun with out the Popple holes shoot with the same load. 

I'll do a follow up with load data once i receive the gun amd develop loads. Going to work with CFE, Autocomp, AA5 and AA7 with RMR- JHP and some Blue bullets. In the meantime, if someone could help me find this pistol, it would be great. If you dont have anywhere you know/find/suggest, thanks anyways.

..also... i do appreciate everyone's input suggesting the 38SC. The brass is obviously the main reason why many would want to go 9mm M. "If you cant afford the gas dont buy the Ferrari!" Yada yada i know. But $150+ for 1k brass vs 5-7k for
That being said, still on the hunt for the gun. Looks like i may have to wait until more comes in. But i would appreciate the assistance in finding it.

Like i said before i'm not ignoring your concerns.

Thanks

20 minutes ago, thompsoncustom said:

Id be curious to hear some of the 9mm load data for the v12. Are you guys running really slow powders like aa7 or using coated lead bullets for more velocity?

In 38sc AA#7 @ 10.2 w/ 124 Acme - just barley fills the case. Or, longshot @9.8 IIRC.

13 minutes ago, darthdively said:

I'll do a follow up with load data once i receive the gun amd develop loads. Going to work with CFE, Autocomp, AA5 and AA7 with RMR- JHP and some Blue bullets. In the meantime, if someone could help me find this pistol, it would be great. If you dont have anywhere you know/find/suggest, thanks anyways.

Make sure you video record all this.

Just now, darthdively said:

..also... i do appreciate everyone's input suggesting the 38SC. The brass is obviously the main reason why many would want to go 9mm M. "If you cant afford the gas dont buy the Ferrari!" Yada yada i know. But $150+ for 1k brass vs 5-7k for
That being said, still on the hunt for the gun. Looks like i may have to wait until more comes in. But i would appreciate the assistance in finding it.

Like i said before i'm not ignoring your concerns.

Thanks

Dude, the problem isn't 9 major; it's the PLATFORM in which you're wanting to do it in. 9 major out of a GT V12 is retarded to attempt. Esp with those of us that are trying to warn you...

2 hours ago, darthdively said:

But $150+ for 1k brass vs 5-7k for

Doesn't really cost more for .38 brass    :ph34r:

Buy 3,000 of them, load them up and shoot them all - repeat 4x.

Now, you've used the brass five times ...

Reload them for a 6th time, and the brass cost you  2.5 cents/each 

- actually cheaper than 9mm brass.   Shoot them at a match and leave

them on the ground.

BUT, I still run 9mm in my TruBor ....   It's just plain easier    :) 

5 hours ago, SoCalShooter69 said:

In 38sc AA#7 @ 10.2 w/ 124 Acme - just barley fills the case. Or, longshot @9.8 IIRC.

Make sure you video record all this.

Hmmm I wonder if AA7 would work well with a 115gr bullet in the 9mm v12 than. I have no experience with a v12 but 10gr of aa7 behind a FMJ out of my CZ (No poples holes) makes 175pf so maybe with a coated bullet and a little more powder it could be done at a less than insane pressure?

Edited by thompsoncustom

1 hour ago, thompsoncustom said:

Hmmm I wonder if AA7 would work well with a 115gr bullet in the 9mm v12 than. I have no experience with a v12 but 10gr of aa7 behind a FMJ out of my CZ (No poples holes) makes 175pf so maybe with a coated bullet and a little more powder it could be done at a less than insane pressure?

I would never try it. The v12 bleeds gas like no other gun on this planet.

You can pretty much subtract 12-15 pf in 38sc, v12 vs non or minimal peoples. So you can imagine 9...

Remember, the V12 is 12 popples and comp port (s).