Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laser mounting location and zero distance

I ordered a Crimson Trace 206 for my 9mm AR. It will be secondary to my Fastfire. Where are you mounting your lasers; 12 or 6 o'clock, 45° offset?

What distance are you zeroing the lasers? I've seen where a few guys have zeroed at 10 yards.

Currently I'm thinking 12 o'clock, zeroed at 10 or 15 yards for USPSA and outlaw speed steel matches.

Thanks,

Lucas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I put my 206 at 9 o'clock zeroed at 12 yards as I am left handed. About where the classifiers distance is and about the max it is readily seen in bright sunlight. At 6 I would be afraid of knocking it off. At 12 it would be in the visible thru my C-more. If I was running an Aimpoint on a tall mount then 12 would be where I would put it.

gerritm

I put a 206 at 12 o'clock on my mpx. Zero at 15 yard. I don't notice it when looking thru the c-more which I have mount on a ~3/8" riser. Haven't run the laser in a match yet so I don't yet know how useful it will be on the weak shoulder and left leans, put it seems like a good plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
On 5/19/2017 at 9:56 AM, TeedOff said:

I put a 206 at 12 o'clock on my mpx. Zero at 15 yard. I don't notice it when looking thru the c-more which I have mount on a ~3/8" riser. Haven't run the laser in a match yet so I don't yet know how useful it will be on the weak shoulder and left leans, put it seems like a good plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you c-clamp with your thumb on the handguard?  It's not tall enough to clear right?  I have one on the way and was thinking 3:00 for that reason.

I have my Crimson Trace CMR-206 mounted at 12 o'clock just ahead of my C-more Railway.  Its low enough that I never notice it through the C-more but I did need to learn to keep my thumb off the top of the handguard.

The C-more is sighted in at 17 yards and the laser is sighted in at 5 yards.  That's probably the max distance I would want to use it.

Do you c-clamp with your thumb on the handguard?  It's not tall enough to clear right?  I have one on the way and was thinking 3:00 for that reason.

Yes. I have the laser mounted all the way forward and my support hand sits behind it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
On 9/21/2017 at 4:11 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

I have my Crimson Trace CMR-206 mounted at 12 o'clock just ahead of my C-more Railway.  Its low enough that I never notice it through the C-more but I did need to learn to keep my thumb off the top of the handguard.

The C-more is sighted in at 17 yards and the laser is sighted in at 5 yards.  That's probably the max distance I would want to use it.

X2  thats how I have mine set up

On the MPX reciever

Can not be seen thru cmore and my thumb does not block the beam when wrapping my hand around the smaller fore end 

Cmore and laser are sighted at 18 yrds. Laser does not hit as lower or high as dot close in and further out due to it being closer to the bore. The 206 can be seen in direct sun light out to uspsa distances. 

20170926_133314_resized.jpg

Edited by Chillywig