Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weighted Base Pads For Single Stack Mags

JakeMartens

TriggerT,

Yes those, the one made for the Wilson mags. They just replace the standard Wilson plastic base pad correct? Where did you get them?

I saw the ones on Brownells, they are not the ones that replace the Wilson pad, they are a screw in type

Thanks for the heads up though

I'll look at mine tonight and see if there are any marking on them. I think I have 9 or ten on wilson mags that came with a gun long time ago....They replace the wilson base pad and are not screwed on...

45Shooter,

I was given these from a guy at our club. I believe they were made by a local shooter a number of years ago. If you would like I can find out if he is still making them, and if so how much he wants for them. PM me if you want, and I will see what I can find out.

Also interested in these brass bases.

Currently using Wilson steel base pads from Brownells ( 4.95 ea. )

Not nearly heavy enough, but better than plastic.

Travis F.

I called Wilson and the rep told me that they don't make them anymore. He said they must be real popular and hard to find because they get alot of request for them.....uh then why not make them anymore, Bill, hello, anyone there????

Thanks for checking into it for me

I do not ever remember Wilson making them...

the ones that I have and had were made by CMPI

which is no longer going..

On the side note I have 2 used on silson mags and if

anyone would like them just email me..

I called Wilson and the rep told me that they don't make them anymore.  He said they must be real popular and hard to find because they get alot of request for them.....uh then why not make them anymore, Bill, hello, anyone there????

Thanks for checking into it for me

Well, lemme take a shot at an answer. Brass isn't black, so it's not tactical. Oh, and it'd be used by those damn gamers to get their mags to drop quicker... and we can't have that.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. :ph34r: