Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC in IDPA

RH45

1 hour ago, RePete said:

That's the problem.  It's changed because of the gamers and mostly the whiners.  Not to mention that it's now run by people that couldn't organise a pi$$ up in a brewery.

Agreed 100% But you are not going to make a lot of friends talking that way. 

Edited by usmc1974

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, davsco said:

damn, all the hate for PCC's and all the MD's that feel the need to add a bunch of super tight shots or other measures to "keep the man/pcc down."  it's a separate division, yeah you (handgun shooter) may not get high overall, but it's fun and lets others who might not find it easy with handguns, to compete & have fun.  i agree it's the 'cheatingest' division but it is fun and good practice for HD scenarios.

The whole concept of people looking at “high overall” is really quite pathetic.  I imagine the people who really care are the same who look for pickup basketball games with eight year olds so they can “win.”   I don’t know why Practiscore lumps every division together with an overall “winner.”  It’s clearly an apples-to-watermelons comparison.  They should simply break it down by division which is the only relevant comparison.  The only folks who have a right to gloat for so-called “high overall” are those shooting SSP (or maybe CDP or CCP before the ammo limitations were lifted).  If you are shooting PCC, CO, or ESP, you have historically had a decided advantage over everyone else.  I don’t begrudge anyone for shooting those (I shoot SSP, ESP and PCC), but taking some smirking satisfaction you “bested” everyone else means that there is some life to be gotten.

There is a lot of overlap in the iron sight service pistol divisions.

Shooting and gunsmithing techniques are good enough that there is little if any difference between SSP (10) and ESP; and you can keep up in CDP and CCP even at 8+1.  

PCC has a large equipment advantage, CO a lesser equipment advantage, so I disregard their scores, but lump ESP, SSP, CDP, and CCP together to mark my placement.

SSP (15) may be a game changer, depending on how the CoFs mutate.  I will  give it a try in lieu of my usual ESP or SPD. 

Unfortunately the Really Low Cap Divisions, Revolver and BUG are scarce to invisible.  There are no revolvers shot at my club unless I get interested and issue a direct challenge to people I know who own revolvers.  I do not recall seeing a main match BUG except for an outlaw match that requires BUG or CCP. 

Jim, I respect your opinion as much as anyone on this forum.  I will say, however, that no gunsmith has been able to do internal trigger work on any of pistols that would otherwise be in SSP  and have the performance of the pistol come close to what Cajun Gun Works was able to do to my CZ 97BD.  Just night and day.  At least for me, there is a big difference between what I would shoot in SSP and ESP.  Just my experience and you may have better gunsmiths in your neck of the woods.

CZs are a rarity that swings both ways in common usage and the trend is toward heavy guns, which sells even more of them.

A CZ that makes weight is a fine SSP, I shot a 75 "pre B" for a good while.  

And I borrowed one for ESP until I could reclaim my guns after The Incident.

But there are others.  A friend's XD is so finely tuned that I could learn to shoot one in ESP even though they are nominal SSP.  Maybe I am just not sensitive to the nuances of the different makes and models.  Princess and the Pea stuff that is over my head.