Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC in IDPA

RH45

4 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

My local club doesn't allow PCC anyway. Now CO has exploded and I couldn't tell you the last time someone was HOA with a iron sight gun, and typically only 1 or 2 iron sight guys break the top ten.

Yeah, at the IDPA clubs I've shot at the crowd is a bit older than the USPSA crowd but I'm happy to see more participation and a renewed love for the sport with red dots. A lot of them were frustrated with deteriorating eyesight and the red dot helps overcome that for most of them. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Doge said:

Yeah, at the IDPA clubs I've shot at the crowd is a bit older than the USPSA crowd but I'm happy to see more participation and a renewed love for the sport with red dots. A lot of them were frustrated with deteriorating eyesight and the red dot helps overcome that for most of them. 

Yes, I bought my last pistol (which is RD compatible) with the view that as the eyesight deteriorated I'd probably shift from iron sights over to it.

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I used the TF magwell on my JP at every idpa match I ever shot with it.

Magwells don't show up on the list of PCC allowable (inclusive) modifications.  That means, at least in english, that if something isn't there then you can't do it/use it.

The fact that no one has mentioned that at a match is no surprise.  My experience with IDPA SOs has been that their rules knowledge is universally poor.

22 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Magwells don't show up on the list of PCC allowable (inclusive) modifications.  That means, at least in english, that if something isn't there then you can't do it/use it.

The fact that no one has mentioned that at a match is no surprise.  My experience with IDPA SOs has been that their rules knowledge is universally poor.

I now have email confirmation from IDPA that magwells are LEGAL for pcc in IDPA. 

• 9 months later...
On 1/23/2019 at 1:46 PM, Paul-the new guy said:

You should remind the pistol guys of that.  They hate seeing PCC at the top every month...  You can say all you want that PCC shooters only compete against other PCC shooters but it seems everyone looks at the overall...

They been wanting us to drink that kool-aid, from the start. Over all,  is all!

Edited by usmc1974

PCC is a flagrant break of there own Founding Concepts (Equipment that is designed with no application for daily, concealed carry is not permitted in this sport.) and 

1.2 Principles of Shooting IDPA

1.2.1 Equipment Principles 1.2.2 Allowed equipment will meet the following criteria:
1.2.2.1 Concealable: All equipment will be placed so that it is not visible while wearing a concealment garment, with your arms extended to your sides, parallel to the ground.
1.2.2.2 Practical: All equipment must be practical for all day concealed carry self-defense, and worn in a manner that is appropriate for all day continuous wear.

damn, all the hate for PCC's and all the MD's that feel the need to add a bunch of super tight shots or other measures to "keep the man/pcc down."  it's a separate division, yeah you (handgun shooter) may not get high overall, but it's fun and lets others who might not find it easy with handguns, to compete & have fun.  i agree it's the 'cheatingest' division but it is fun and good practice for HD scenarios.

48 minutes ago, davsco said:

damn, all the hate for PCC's and all the MD's that feel the need to add a bunch of super tight shots or other measures to "keep the man/pcc down."  it's a separate division, yeah you (handgun shooter) may not get high overall, but it's fun and lets others who might not find it easy with handguns, to compete & have fun.  i agree it's the 'cheatingest' division but it is fun and good practice for HD scenarios.

If you are referring to me, then where does it say that I hate PCC?  I don't but it should be in a concealed carry sport!

1 hour ago, RePete said:

1.2.2.2 Practical: All equipment must be practical for all day concealed carry self-defense, and worn in a manner that is appropriate for all day continuous wear.

Except for concealed carry in the way of appendix carry.  Or did they resolve that with the current rule change?

2 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

I am confused, it should or should not be in IDPA?

Sorry but that should be not in IDPA.

1 minute ago, Boomstick303 said:

Except for concealed carry in the way of appendix carry.  Or did they resolve that with the current rule change?

They haven't resolve anything in the rulebook except that you get to ask more questions.

As I've stated before they don't have a clue how to write a rulebook.  I was told, for the 2017 book, that it was written by PhD's engineers etc and I said that not one of them could write a rulebook.  You buy cheap, you get cheap!

PCC in IDPA is great. Good practice for home defense. Gives you a chance to run your pcc like you can’t do at a static range. 

not sure why people have an issue with it. It literally doesn’t effect anyone. 

6 minutes ago, jpm2953 said:

not sure why people have an issue with it. It literally doesn’t effect anyone. 

Indeed.

Do I think PCC "belongs" in IDPA?  Nope, it doesn't match the founding principles at all.

Do I think PCC being in IDPA hurts the sport at all?  Not at all.  I don't change any stages I design for PCC, and no one else should either.  As such, it doesn't change the sport for the people in the other divisions in the slightest.  (If they get emotionally damaged because the "overall" results don't show them winning anymore, then this is a good chance for them to work on their emotional resiliency.)

I happen to love shooting PCC in Steel Challenge, and it is a ton of fun in USPSA.  It is probably fun to shoot in IDPA, also. (Haven't tried it yet, and probably never will, even though I shot a classifier the other month just in case.). The fact that it is functionally ridiculous in IDPA due to the background reason for the sport doesn't make it any less fun.

And since it doesn't impact anyone else, I'm always surprised when I hear someone getting emotional about it, and hating on it.  (There is a significant difference between arguing that it shouldn't be in the sport, and someone saying they are going to do things to make it hard for people to shoot PCC at their matches.)

It is okay to let other people have fun, even if it isn't the way you prefer to have fun.  People who literally make stage changes to spite people who are having fun differently probably need to think about what THEY are doing relative to the principles of the sport and the code of ethics of the sport.

Remember, it is a game, not real life, nor does Represent real life. So does PCC belong in IDPA? hell yes. Get over it or get out. Today's IDPA is absolutely nothing, like 1996 IDPA, NOTHING!!!

Edited by usmc1974

1 hour ago, usmc1974 said:

Today's IDPA is absolutely nothing, like 1996 IDPA, NOTHING!!!

That's the problem.  It's changed because of the gamers and mostly the whiners.  Not to mention that it's now run by people that couldn't organise a pi$$ up in a brewery.