Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody have a Case feeder issue with 223?

So I'm new to the 650 after years of loading on a 550. Loaded 6k of 40 and 4k of 9 in the first month of owning it, no issues. Decided I was gonna get setup for 223. I have not had any luck as the case feeder won't feed 223. Brass gets stuck under the shell sorter plate and jams up. Talked to Dillon last week. Learned my blue hopper was warped and the gap on the right side of the marchine(if ur standing in front of it looking at it) was allowing the cases to get underneath the plate. They sent me a new one and it arrived today. Swapped the motor stuff out and same @&$! It won't sort 223 cuz the gap is still there and it jams up! Now I am sending them the entire unit back (on my dime) with the shell plate for them to look at. Can my luck be that bad to get 2 warped hoppers? Am I crazy? Is there anybody out there that has dealt with this? Love this machine but this case feeder is really starting to piss me off. Dumped a bunch of money into getting all the bells and whistles to process and load 223 but if the case feeder won't run it's all worthless. Somebody talk me off the ledge please! ?

I know it's a pain, but Dillon will make it right. I'm working through a frustrating primer feed issue on my 1050, but as for case feeders, my 1050 and 650 work flawlessly for 223 REM and my pistol rounds. It'll work out and you'll love it.  :cheers:

I got tracking info email so the case feeder is on its way back....called Dillon to see what the issue was but they said they don't record what the issues are they just fix stuff and send it back.....so unless there is a note in the box I will never know....???

We found the cause is one bolt hole in the case feed bowl is off by .100" or so in location. Then when the metal plate was installed, the bowl had to be flexed to line up the hole.  To test, remove the bolt that secures the right top of the metal plate to the right side of the bowl. Then look through the hole. If you don't see the hole in the bowl afterward, then redrill this hole to keep the top of the metal plate against the edge of the bowl. Of course, you are most welcome to send the bowl to us for this as well.

Edited by dillon

Thanks for the info Dillon! My tracking shows the package is at home waiting for me.....can't wait to get home and get the case feeder up and running again. Hope this thread helps anybody out that may come across the issue. As frustrating as it was thanks to Dillon for excellent customer service!

I too have has these problems. Dillon really needs to step up and get the quality control up on their case feeds!  With that being said here is how I fixed mine. Take off the motor cover and losen all the motor bolts. Next glue a #8 washer to the motor body opposit the way your plate needs to move down. Basically you need to shim the motor body to lower the plate on the up feed side of the housing. Reinstall the bolts and tweet the plate contact by adjusting the screw tension. Hope this helps. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...